Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Tropical Bouquet

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's been a busy week with trying to get my tomatoes processed. We have so many right now and lots more on the way. It will be a nice winter bounty. I also have made several loaves of zucchini bread that is in the freezer for wintertime enjoyment.

My hubby also harvested the garlic and red onions from the garden. Our garlic bulbs are a lot bigger this year. And growing your own is like nothing you can buy from the store. Maybe because the garlic in the US comes from China. The garlic that comes from there has no roots or a stem and is chemical laden. That's why I convinced my hubby to start growing our own. He plants it in October and then in June we harvest the garlic scapes. They are the stalks that grow from the garlic bulb. I use those in cooking just like garlic and for pesto. Garlic scape pesto is so delicious and has a different flavor than basil pesto.  

We have a lot of red onions as well. More so than in previous years. My hubs is just getting better at growing vegetables and that makes me happy. He uses no pesticides and gets his soil from his mulch pile and it's really rich. 

Well enough about vegetables for today. Let's move onto my card. This one I created for the color challenge #803 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she chose whisper white, real red and crumb cake for her color trio. Optional was to have 3 layers on your card. 
whisper white, real red, crumb cake

I started my card by stenciling an oval in the crumb cake ink color. I just bought this oval stencil from MFT and it makes stenciling so easy. The hibiscus and leaves are new dies from CottageCutz. They are part of the July Beach and Tropical die release.  For the leaves I used the neutral of mossy meadow. It's a dark green color and part of the Stampin'-Up neutral line. 

The sentiment is from an old Verve set and I stamped in mossy meadow ink. Added some crumb cake ribbon and a few real red enamel dots to complete my card.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: poppy birthday (Verve)
Paper: real red, whisper white, crumb cake, mossy meadow (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: crumb cake, mossy meadow(Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Tropical Bouquet, Hibiscus Flowers dies (CottageCutz), oval extraordinaire stencil (MFT), crumb cake ribbon, real red glitter enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge. 
2Arty Divas has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Lemon Shortbread has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Shopping our Stash has a keep it simple challenge. I used older ribbon and enamel dots from my stash. 
5.  Tuesday Throwdown has a stencil challenge. 


2 comments:

  1. Love your wonderful colours and the lovely die cuts! Beautifully done! I'm so glad you have joined our challenge at Lemon Shortbread. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Lori xx (DT at Lemon Shortbread)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful CAS card Mary! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

    Hugs, Zowie xx

    Arty Divas DT

    Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails