Saturday, August 8, 2020

Tis' The Season

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in August. 

I have lots to do today with our garden harvest. We have so many tomatoes and I have decided to roast them this year instead of doing my water bath canning method. The water bath method is so much work and I like the finished product. But we really enjoy the flavor of the tomatoes when they are roasted. I roast them with onions, garlic, olive oil and balsamic glaze. Then I puree them when they are done in the oven. 

Roasting brings out such an incredible flavor. I use this as a pasta sauce with nothing else added. I love pulling this sauce out in the winter and top our pasta with it. Along with a salad and some meatballs, it makes for an easy dinner. Our tomato harvest has just begun so I am hoping to get a lot to prepare with this method. 

I am also going to stuff banana peppers. We have so many of these right now as well. I usually like to use a hot and sweet Italian sausage but I don't have any so I am going to try a different recipe with ground beef. Hopefully this one turns out because that's what I have in my freezer to use. 

I also have a zucchini that I am going to turn into zucchini bread. I like having these available in the colder months to enjoy. They don't always make it that far because my hubby loves them. So that's my kitchen day now onto my card for today.

This one I made for the color challenge #802 on Splitcoaststampers. Stef was our hostess and she chose shaded spruce, just jade and magenta madness for her color trio. Optional was Christmas in July. 
Two of the colors she chose are some of Stampin'-Up's newest in-colors. I thought they would be perfect for a snowman. So I colored up this image with Stampin' Blends. They are alcohol ink markers.
 
The image is from Suzy's Snowmen watercolor prints collection. I purchased them on Simon Says Stamp. They are meant to be watercolored but I used alcohol markers. 
I added a few magenta madness enamel dots and this CAS card is complete.

Well that's it for me for this post. Time to get into my kitchen. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Paper: shaded spruce (Stampin'-Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Stampin' Blends-Magenta Madness, Just Jade & Shaded Spruce, in-color enamel dots,(Stampin'-Up), Suzy's Snowmen Watercolor prints
I am also entering:
1.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes Christmas challenge. 
2.  Cute Card Thursday has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  ABC Christmas Challenge - Q for Quiet- snow and snowmen are always so quiet and beautiful.
4.  Christmas Craft Creations has a Christmas characters challenge.
5.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes.  

  

5 comments:

  1. I agree Mary - snowmen always seem so peaceful and quiet. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I really like the colours you used. Please note that to be eligible for our prize, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet little Christmas card. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails