Friday, August 28, 2020

Top Hat Snowman

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Friday in August. 

We have had a stormy day here in Pittsburgh. Lots of rain but we are so in need of it. It's been an extremely dry summer. Not much rain and the farmers need it for their crops plus all the local gardeners. 

My hubby has been watering almost daily with all his plants and vegetable gardens. But his garden has been a big success this year. We will have lots to enjoy over the winter months. 

Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #802. Stef was our hostess and she chose shaded spruce, just jade and melon mambo for her color trio. 

Two of the colors she chose are some of Stampin'-Up's newest in-colors. I thought they would be perfect for a snowman. So I colored up this image with Stampin' Blends.

The snowman is from an older Stampendous set that I bought several years ago and never used. This set comes with a snowman template and that enabled me to do my background stamping.

The background stamp is from this same set and has the word snow and snowflake in several different languages. I stamped with just jade ink and stamped off twice to get a faint image.

I stamped several snowflakes and added some magenta madness enamel dots to complete this card. And, that's it for me for this post, So until next time........God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: jumbo top hat snowman (Stampendous)
Paper: shaded spruce(stampin'-Up), solar white (Neenah)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: just jade (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: stampin' blends - magenta madness, just jade, shaded spruce, pumpkin pie, magenta madness enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:
1. Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  ABC Christmas Challenge has a Q for quiet. What's more quiet than a snow fall and a snowman.
3.  Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is anything goes. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Remember me? - Anyway I wanted to say this is a cute card. I've been out of stamping for some time but am hoping to start doing more real soon. I love the colors you chose for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable snowman! And I love the great big hat in glorious pink - and with the little bird on top, too! Generation stamping of the snowflakes makes a perfect background. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute snowman! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails