Saturday, August 15, 2020

Ahoy Matey Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this 3rd Saturday in August. 

Hope you all are enjoying the summer months in-spite of the restrictions that are still in place. I have been busy with our garden harvest, waling every day, a gym workout once a week and keeping up my passion of cardmaking.  

There is also a big event that will be coming up on Splitcoaststampers starting next Saturday and I am busy preparing cards for that. It's an annual event for the Fan Club members over there. I will be one of the hostesses' for the challenges. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for both the color challenge #804 on Splitcoaststampers and for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. For the color challenge we were to use granny apple green, mango melody and misty moonlight.
granny apple green, mango melody, misty moonlight
 
For my card today, I am using the Ahoy Matey die and created a birthday card for a 7 year old boy. He loves Pirates so this one will be perfect for him. I usually give him 2 cards and this Pirate card is the other that will be his. This one is part of the Pirates & Sea Creatures release. 

Once I had the colors, I cut the parrot and the Ahoy Matey phrase in the challenge colors.
I found this layout online and decided to use it for my card design. It would allow me to use designer paper and have several layers for my card. These are 2 elements I really like for my cards.
For the horizontal rectangle, I wanted a look to complement the stitched circle I used. The Pierced Rectangle set doesn't cut this size so I worked the die to get the size I wanted. First I took a piece of mango melody cardstock and cut it 4 1/4" long x 3" high and then I made my first cut with the die.
Then I marked this piece at 1 1/4" and laid the die back on cardstock for my 2nd cut. I used Purple Tape to secure the die. This brand is easy release and doesn't tear your cardstock. 
This is the finished piece- a perfect 4 1/4" x 1 1/4". It's just another way to get more mileage out of the dies you own.

Next, I selected my designer papers. I decided to focus on the granny apple green for the 3" and 4" rectangle layers. The circles are cut with the 3rd largest Stitched Circle & Circle dies. 
Now that all my card elements and images are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the parrot to the circle panel with dimensional adhesive. The layers are attached to the white card base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") with double sided tape. The image panel is next and that also is attached with double sided tape. 
To finish off my card I added the "ahoy matey" phrase. I did cut it twice to give it more depth on my card. A few enamel dots in the misty moonlight color and it's done. And, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless.


card details:
Paper: whisper white, granny apple green, misty moonlight, mango melody, black, brights designer paper (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: granny apple green (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: ahoy matey, stitched rectangle, circle dies (CottageCutz), 2021 in-color enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Send a Smile 4 Kids has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes. 
3.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Craft Rocket Challenge is Birthday. 
5.  Cute Card Thursday has a bright colors challenge. 


   

1 comment:

  1. How adorable! I love it! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails