Friday, May 3, 2024

You Are Mermazing


Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. Hope you week went well and that you have some fun plans for the weekend. 

It's been a busy here in my household. So I am looking forward to the weekend. we are having friends over for dinner on Sunday. We have 6 couples that are part of our Sunday night prayer group and we decided to have a night to fellowship with each other over dinner. 

Since Sunday is Cinco de Mayo, I am having a Mexican food feast. Carnitas, black bean & cheese Taquitos, cheese quesadillas, Taco Salad Cups, Black Bean & salsa dip and homemade guacamole. For the carnitas, I will slow cook the pork for 8-10 hrs. and serve with a Mexican slaw. We will make tacos out of these.

The taco salad cups are made with baked wonton wrappers and you fill them with seasoned ground beef and top them with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.   I will also have a cheese queso & chips. I think I will have enough food for sure and I will be busy in the kitchen all afternoon. 

Now onto my card for today. This card I made for my precious granddaughter. I just wanted to remind her that she is an amazing girl. She lives right at the Pacific Ocean so a water theme is perfect for her plus she loves mermaids. What little girl doesn't?

I used the colors from an older Splitcoaststampers color challenge #798. I thought these colors were good for an ocean scene. Optional was to use waves or scallops. So that fit right with my mermaid image. The colors were pacific point, gorgeous grape and bermuda bay. 
pacific point, gorgeous grape, bermuda bay


On the background I used a cloud stencil and peacock feathers distress ink and a wave stencil and salty ocean distress ink. They are both a close match for bermuda bay and pacific point inks. I used a light touch with the sponge dauber.

I cut her fin and starfish in the gorgeous grape cardstock, her bra is cut from gorgeous grape designer paper, the fish in her hand from bermuda bay cardstock . Her face and body are colored with Copic markers. I used E000, E11 and E13. Her hair is colored with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol odorless mineral spirits. Those pencil colors are PC1082 Chocolate and PC946 Dark Brown.

I stamped the sentiment with a stamp set from MFT- "mermazing" and added a few enamel dots to finish off my card. 

That's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Mermazing (MFT)
Paper: pacific point, whisper white, gorgeous grape, bermuda bay, gingham dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: pacific point (Stampin'-Up), tumbled glass, peacock feathers, salty ocean distress (Ranger)
Accessories: mermaid die (CottageCutz), cloud stencil (MFT), wave stencil (A Colorful Life), pacific point enamel dots (Stampin'-Up), Copic Markers E000, E11, E13, Prismacolor Pencils PC1082 Chocolate, PC946 Dark Brown
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering: 

1.  Crafty Catz is anything goes w/optional of summer. 
2Creative Fingers Challenge is anything goes. 
3.  Cut It Up challenge wants us to add a sentiment. 
4.  Creative Knockouts has a for the kids challenge. 
5.  Creative Inspirations is anything goes. 

 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mermaid and your Cinco De Mayo food sounds so good. I grew us in California and that is the food we ate all the time. Now I live in South Carolina and is not so good here. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge;

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely card with the cloud background, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, cute mermaid and sentiment!

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Add a Sentiment challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails