Monday, May 6, 2024

Mother's Day Fun Fold

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Hope your weekend was a great one. We had 6 couples over for dinner yesterday. So, I spent Saturday prepping and Sunday cooking. It was a Mexican food fest and everyone loved what I served. 

My first time making Carnitas. I found a great recipe on Pinterest, and the pork roast cooked up perfectly in my crockpot. It shredded so easily.  I also made a Mexican slaw to go with the pork for tacos. That was another delicious Pinterest recipe. 

I wanted to serve quesadillas as well and again with the help of Pinterest I found a delicious recipe to make them in the oven. I was able to make 7 at a time and then cut them in half. I also had black bean & cheese taquitos but those I bought from Trader Joes. One of the helpful employees recommended them and they were so good. Something I would buy again for sure. 

I had homemade guacamole, a black bean & corn salsa, and a couple of other store-bought salsas. A couple of my friends supplied dessert. We had Tres Leche cake and a cheesecake assortment. It was a great night of conversation and delicious food. We had lots of leftovers so today was no-cook Monday!

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #998 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess, and I chose boho blue, calypso coral and pecan pie for the color trio. Optional was to use designer paper. 

I used the Stampin' Up "flight & airy" designer paper for my card. It has all the challenge colors. I saw this card on Pinterest and decided to re-create it. I chose a different pattern from the dsp, added enamel dots and stenciled the circle background with clouds.

This above photo shows the card closed. I die cut the "Sending" phrase 3x in boho blue cardstock to give it a bit more depth. The bird images are fussy cut from the designer paper.

This is a view of the card opened. The bird images are fussy cut from the designer paper. I also added 3 calypso coral enamel dots to the z-fold panel.


I stamped my Mother's Day greeting and a leaf branch to complete this card. 
Well, that's it for me for this post so until next time......God bless. 

Card Details:
Stamps: 10 years of growth (PP Kit March 2023)
Paper: boho blue, white, flight & airy dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: boho blue (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: stitched circle dies (CottageCutz), Sending die (SSS)calypso coral enamel dots (Stampin' Up), cloud stencil (MFT)
Techniques: z-fold

I am also entering:
1.  A Place to Start is anything goes w/option for a lady. 
2.  Aud Sentiments has a foiling or flowers challenge + a sentiment. 
3Beautiful Blossoms is anything goes with flowers + optional mood board. 
4Creatalicious Challenge is anything goes w/option use something new. My designer paper is new.
5.  Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends is anything goes. 

2 comments:

  1. Your Sunday Meal and Fellowship with friends sounds like it went great and yummy. Your card is a stunner too, Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll join us again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and sweet card :)
    Thanks a lot for joinng us at Creatalicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails