Saturday, October 19, 2019

Penguin Carolers sing Joy to the World

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in October.
 
I can't believe we are midway through the month. Soon it will be Thanksgiving and then the mad Christmas rush. Although this year I am ahead on my Christmas cards. That's a big step for me because I usually am stressing about finishing up the cards in December. Now I have enough for my Christmas list.
 
I have a busy weekend. My Mother-in-law is coming for a couple of days. So I have to get ready for that. She lives with my sister-in-law now so we try to give her a break once a month.
 
Also, we are having our annual Art Gallery night at preschool on Tuesday. The kids have been working on projects since the beginning of the school year. I have to get them setup at school and will probably do that Monday morning. The parents are excited to see what their little ones have been doing.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. Here are some details on the creation of my card.
 
I started my card with the current MojoMonday #525 sketch. When I saw the sketch I thought of the Penguin Carolers die.
I cut the penguins in red, white and black cardstocks. I love the little songbooks they are holding.
The Joy to the World sentiment was cut in a black foil cardstock. The shiny foil would be a darker contrast for the designer paper and stand out well on the white circle background.
I started card assembly. The circles are attached with double sided tape and the sentiment with Ranger multi medium matte
Added the penguins  with dimensional adhesive. The dots and snowflake are cut from the black foil.
I thought the card needed something else to brighten it up. So I changed the card base to red cardstock and added some small red dots to the snowflakes on the designer paper. I was happy with the finished look of my card.
Well that's it for me for this post. Time to get on with my day. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
dies I used to create card:
 
 

I am also entering:
1.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter. .
2.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas is anything goes.
3.  Sweet Stampin' Christmas is anything goes.
4.  Merry Little Christmas Challenge is anything goes.
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so adorable, Mary! Love those penguins. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background paper and those cute little penguins! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on this, and the penguins are absolutely adorable!
    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas card. Like the background. The penguins are adorable. Thank you for playing with us at 2CCC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails