Saturday, October 12, 2019

O Holy Night

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in October. 

Another week has zipped on by and I am still so busy with preschool and my design responsibilities that I haven't had time to post on my Blog. I definitely want that to change so I am hoping that preschool starts falling into a slow down mode and I have more time. I am trying to organize my time well but the days just get ahead of me. 

Our garden is still producing so I have been busy this past week with roasting and freezing our tomatoes. I thought I finished up the last batch and then my hubby brought in a bunch more. I haven't even noticed there were still tomatoes on the vine (LOL)! He also picked 6 huge green peppers that I stuffed last night for dinner.  

I also have about 15 banana peppers that need used and we will be getting more zucchini. I am thanking God for a bountiful harvest. We will have a lot of winter enjoyment. Now let's move onto my card for today. 

This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new O Holy Night Christmas die to create my card. My background is from the Brutus Monroe "watercolor galaxy" collection. 

I cut my image with a royal blue cardstock.  Sometimes I will double cut an image to give it more dimension but with this die, I didn't think it was necessary.
Next, I started the card assembly. The image panel is attached to the layering panel with double sided tape. For the image I used a combo of glue dots and Ranger multi medium matte. I attached it off center intentionally.
I finished off the card front by cutting a few tiny stars from the left over designer paper and attached to the left side of card.  The silver card base is attached with double sided tape. These stars were cut from the older Nativity Bell die.

silver card base: 6" x 4 3/4"

I usually don't finish off the inside of the card but I decided to with this one. I stamped the O Holy Night sentiment in blueberry ink. The sentiment is from a PaperTrey ink stamp set. 
Then I used one of the new Holiday Corners die for the left corner. These corners make for a beautiful finishing touch and they will work for the front or the inside of the card.  
I cut it in a royal blue cardstock. I finished off the inside by scattering a few stars cut in the same silver metallic as the card base. I used the star from the new Joy to the World die.

Well that's it for me for this post. Hope you have a great weekend. So until next time...…..God bless. 
dies I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Friends has a Christmas Challenge.
2CHNC challenge #459 is anything goes Christmas
3.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge #531 is Christmas. 
4.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes Christmas
5.  Cute N' Crafty Christmas is anything goes. 
7.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Those sentiments do all the work and I love that blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary… Your card is fabulous… loving the large die cut sentiment and also love how you have decorated the inside of your card too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Friends. It fits perfectly with our ‘Christmas’ challenge theme. Hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking card Mary. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional "Use a stocking" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails