Thursday, October 17, 2019

Hugs From Afar

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
I have Preschool today but I am up a bit earlier than usual so I decided to write up a Blog post before my class.
 
We have a theme of pumpkins and harvest for the month of October. So today I have a pumpkin that I am going to carve and do a simple Bible lesson with the kids. I found something really cute and short on Pinterest that I thought would work well with my kids. They will get to see what's inside of a pumpkin and touch the seeds. I have already carved and cleaned it and put everything back in place to make it a bit easier in class.
 
Our weather is starting to turn colder and that should be the end of our vegetable garden. We still have a few zucchini on the vine and I am hoping that they ripen before the first frost. It's been one great year for our garden.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #756 on Splitcoaststampers.  Barbara was our hostess and she chose pretty peacock, old olive and pool party for her color trio. Optional was to add a bird or feathers.
pretty peacock, old olive, pool party
I needed a card of encouragement for a friend so the optional item was perfect for me.

My background paper is from the May 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit. It has pretty peacock and pool party splatters on it. The grapevine wreath is a die from CottageCutz. I tilted the image panel for added interest.

I stamped my sentiment in pretty peacock on a small tag and attached it to the wreath. Scattered a few pretty peacock rhinestones to complete my card.
 
card details:
Stamps: Order Thanks (Verve)
Paper: gray granite, pretty peacock, old olive, May 2018 Paper Pumpkin dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pretty peacock
Accessories: grapevine wreath w/bird (CottageCutz), tag punch (Martha Stewart), noble peacock rhinestones (Stampin'-Up)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails