Sunday, August 25, 2019

Hooray It's Your Day

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Well I am on break from processing tomatoes for a few days. I canned 5 more pint jars on Saturday using 10lbs of tomatoes. We have about 20 more that will ripen in the next 2 or 3 days and  those I will roast them with olive oil, onion, garlic and balsamic glaze and then freeze. Roasting really brings out the flavor in a tomato.
 
I also made 2 loaves of zucchini bread. One we will eat now and the other I put in the freezer for some late fall or early winter enjoyment. I have another zucchini that I may also make into a sweet loaf. Although I did see a recipe in my Food Network magazine with zucchini, summer squash and pasta that sounded delicious.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the DTGD challenges that were held on Splitcoaststampers. I was part of that design team for 6 months and every year the current and alumni members host challenges for a week. There were lots of prizes given away. This year we were celebrating 15 years of DTGD challenges so the event was open to all but you had to be a Fan Club member to win a prize.
 
This challenge was hosted by Sandee and she wanted us to make a masculine card. For my card I used some of the elements of the June 2018 Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin'-Up. The mouse with presents is a die from CottageCutz.

Attached the gold Hooray phrase which is part of the PP kit, stamped the sentiment and scattered a few gold sequins. To complete the card I used some black & gold twine.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: broadway star (PP Kit 2018)
Paper: lovely lipstick, lemon-lime twist, designer paper (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: lovely lipstick
Accessories: PP Kit June 2018 (Stampin'-Up), Mouse with Presents die (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes.
2.  Crafty Calendar Challenge is anything goes.
3.  Watercooler Wednesday has a masculine challenge.
4.  Aud Sentiments has a masculine challenge + a sentiment.
5.  Creative Knockouts has a tic tac toe. I chose -twine-sentiment-stamping
  

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable birthday card Mary. i love all the differing elements and that green spotty DSP is perfect to highlight that little mouse. Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday mouse is the cutest! I really like your layout with the bold elements. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy!! And this card is wonderful,

    Thanks for playing along at Aud sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. Love the big Hooray.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
    Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails