Sunday, August 11, 2019

Fairy Birthday Wishes

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life blog this Sunday in August.
 
Hope you had a great summer weekend. Ours was laid back but enjoyable. We drove to Ohio to visit a farm that my hubby likes. It's about 1 1/2 hours from our home. He is looking to purchase a couple more zucchini plants and no one has any. In fact, he can't even find any seeds.
 
Our plants are done producing and we would like to enjoy some more this season. I could buy them at the Farmer's Market but they use insecticides and my husband does not. He has really gotten into natural vegetable gardening. His gardens really produced this year.  
 
Today I started the processing of canning tomatoes. It takes so long that I spread it out over 2 days. Tomorrow I will do the water bath. I should get about eight (8) to ten (10) 16 oz jars of sauce. We have so many more tomatoes that are almost ripe and I will get a 2nd batch processed. They will carry me to the beginning of next summer.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess for this challenge and you were to create a scene using die cuts. Anyone can participate in the challenges this year because we are celebrating 15 years of DTGD. But, you have to be a member of the fan club to win prizes.
 
I created a birthday card using the Cottage w/Petal Roof and Fairy Garden Flowers dies from CottageCutz.
 
I am sending birthday wishes from the fairy garden. I have a friend who has a fairy garden and will love this card especially the petal roof cottage. For the background I used a clouds stencil and sponged with tumbled glass distress ink.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Paper: highland heather, whisper white, coastal cabana, granny apple green, soft suede, pretty in pink, so saffron (Stampin-Up), vellum (Paper Studio)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: gorgeous grape (Stampin'-Up), tumbled glass, mowed lawn distress inks (Ranger)
Accessories: cottage w/petal roof, fairy garden flowers (CottageCutz), cloud stencil (MFT)
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering:
1.  Sweet Stampin' has a things with wings challenge.
2Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Simon Says Wednesday has a die cut challenge.
 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! So cheerful and playful. Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge, hugs Alina DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails