Saturday, August 24, 2019

Baby Animal Cupcakes Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in August.
 
We are having some beautiful sunny days here in Pittsburgh. So perfect for our gardens both flower and vegetable.
The tomatoes are ripening at such a fast rate. I will be doing another canning today. It will be a half recipe because I have only 10lbs. But it adds to my winter use collection.
 
Since I have a busy day ahead I need to get started early so here are the details on today's card. I made this one for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I used the Baby Animal Cupcakes die to create my card.
 
I had this old MojoMonday sketch saved to one of my Pinterest boards and I thought it would work well as a layout for the cupcakes.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/74661306310107959/
I chose this pretty pink designer paper for the card background. Little girls and pink -how can you go wrong? I paired that with the matching blushing bride cardstock and my card base is a bright melon mambo. All my cardstock is from Stampin'-Up.

melon mambo card base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
blushing bride layering panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
designer paper panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
stitched circles: 5th largest die ( 2 1/4")
I cut the baby animal cupcakes in shades of cardstock just following the colors of the packaging. I used melon mambo, pretty in pink, powder pink, granny apple green, gorgeous grape and ivory.
Next, I cut the Make A Wish sentiment and the candle. I decided not to use the balloon because it seemed a bit to busy with that element. The ribbon is also from Stampin'-Up - a granny apple green shade.
I assembled the card elements using double sided tape and for the sentiment Ranger multi medium matte. I scattered some granny apple green metallic enamel dots to complete my card.
 
 
Well that's it for me for this post. Hope you have a great Saturday wherever your adventures take you.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbabyanimalcupcakes.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfairytalebirthday.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Seize the Birthday has a birthday challenge. Optional is butterflies.
3.  The Sisterhood of Crafters wants us to use dies as the focus.  
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. I love the cupcake animals and your layout is gorgeous. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable cupcakes, fabulous card AND dies!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary this is just adorable!! What a cute idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, love the pink. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)
    https://mylittlepatchofheaven-ams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails