Saturday, August 17, 2019

Ballerina Mouse Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today!
 
It's harvest time at the Marsh home. Our tomatoes are coming in fairly quickly now. I canned 8 pint jars the other day and I have enough to do another 8 jars today. It's a bit labor intensive, but I so enjoy going down to the basement in the winter and reaching for a jar off my shelves for a recipe.
 
It will take most of my day but we have no other plans for today. And, it is so much better than going to the grocery store to get a can of tomato sauce. Especially since my hubby does organic gardening. So I know what's in my jars.
 
Anyway, before my day starts let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used one of the new Birthday dies- the Ballerina Mouse.
 
I need a birthday card for a friend's 3 year old daughter. We were invited to her birthday party last night. So let's get started with some details of how I created my card.
 
I used the sketch #762 from Splitcoaststampers. Diane is the hostess and she gave us a great layout for our cards. The layout allowed me to use designer paper, a birthday number balloon and a stamped sentiment.
I wanted the papers to be girly, and I found this older Stampin'-Up designer paper with shades of pink, teal and cocoa. I used the coordinating cardstocks as layering panels. 
 
Cocoa Card Base: 4 3/8" x 5 3/8"
Pink Layering Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

I cut the Ballerina Mouse in smoky slate cardstock, her outfit in shades of pink and the slippers in teal cardstocks.
For the number balloon, I used the Stitched Numbers die. The sentiment is a stamp from MFT. It's a one liner, but with the help of my MISTI and masking I was able to stamp it on 3 lines inside the circle.
 
To balance off the corners of the card, I added the Happy phrase and a balloon bunch.
Well, that's it for me for this post. o until next time......God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzballerinamouse.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfestivebirthdaygreeting.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=stitched+numbers
I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes.
22 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes challenge.
3.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Creations in Pink has an anything goes mainly in pink.
 
 


6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Love the sketch and adorable ballerina mouse!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very beautiful card & the image is just so cute. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles crafting challenge#33.
    Regards,
    Shamita-DT
    https://spiralcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good use of dies to make a delightful card for a 3 year old girl's birthday. Good choice of colors. Thank you for playing with us at 2CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card ; I’m still awaiting my tomatoes to turn ...thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week; Nelly DT X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. That little mouse is so cute!
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.
    Narelle DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute Mouse! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails