Saturday, August 10, 2019

Birthday Mouse and Cupcake

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
It's been a bit since I have posted on my Blog and there is a good reason. My son, daughter-in-law and precious granddaughter were here for a visit. We had such great family time.
 
One of the days we went to our local amusement park. Both my sons loved going there when they were growing up. Well my 8 year old granddaughter loved it as well. It was here first visit to an amusement park ever.
 
And, to make it even more memorable she played one of those games that you never win, and she won. The prize was a huge elephant over 4 ft tall. She was so excited and of course she couldn't take it back home to San Francisco. So it's sitting in the bedroom we made for her, here at my home. Her parents haven't made a decision yet if we can send it out to her.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the cute Birthday Mouse Cupcake die to create a birthday card for my friend's little boy. So let's get started with some details on how I created it.
 
I had this designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "birthday Memories" collection. The presents and balloons were a perfect background for my image.
I die-cut the mouse using the colors that coordinate with the designer paper - pacific point, pumpkin pie and lemon lime twist. The cupcake is cut in choc chip cardstock and the candle in gorgeous grape.
The sentiment is from the MFT set 'bitty birthday greetings". It's a one line stamp but my panel wasn't long enough so with the help of my MISTI, I made it 2 lines.
I attached the image and the image panel with dimensional adhesive. I cut a banner and stamped another sentiment and used that for my images to rest on. That way they don't looks as though they are floating in the air.
 
I also cut a few streamers and added them to the designer paper. They fit in well. And, that's my card for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbirthdaymousecupcake.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfestivebirthdaygreeting.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Aud Sentiments has an animal + a sentiment challenge.
2.  Creative Knockouts has a furry friends challenge. HaHa don't know if a mouse its a friend but it is furry.
3.  Seize the Birthday is a birthday challenge.
4.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes.  
5.  Dies R Us has a bright colors challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Your birthday card is adorable with the mouse and cupcake! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your post and hearing about your adventures at the amusement park. I wonder how much it would cost to ship a 4ft elephant? You may end up with a permanent guest at your house. LOL Your card is really adorable too. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mary, that's the most adorable little mouse! Love the story about your granddaughter. :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mary, this is so, so adorable! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DIES R US
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love that little mouse. Sounds like you had a great time with your family visiting.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
    Cheers, Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and I love that backing paper too,

    Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails