Monday, June 10, 2019

Make A Wish

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

I am so enjoying my time off school. I have been crafting and starting the re-organization of my craft room. Nothing too major just looking for better ways to organize what I have. I have been walking with my hubby on the days I don't go to the gym. I work out with 3 other women and we have kept each other going for the past 5 years. 

It's also time for me to harvest the first crop of basil and make some pesto. I freeze it without adding any Parmesan cheese and then when I take it out the cheese gets added along with a bit more olive oil. We so enjoy having this all winter long. I will probably get to that tomorrow. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #740 on Splitcoaststampers. I was the hostess and the color trio I chose was mango melody melody, poppy parade and call me clover. Optional was a birthday or thank you card. 


mango melody, poppy parade, call me clover
I made a birthday card for a friend who is a mushroom connoisseur. She buys her mushrooms at this specialty store in Avondale, PA. She raves about the quality of their mushrooms. I have had them and can say they are quite delicious. She always brings back some exotic mushrooms when she travels there. So, I thought she might like this card.

I used the CottageCutz stitched mushrooms die and cut them in the challenge colors. On the largest mushroom I added a layer of crumb cake (neutral).

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'- Up Painted Seasons collection. It has all the challenge colors.

My sentiment is from the Stampin'-Up "life is grand" set. It's one of their distinctive stamps. I love the big bold sentiments and the way the set stamps.

I added some poppy parade ribbon and a few poppy parade dots and my card is complete. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.


card details:
Stamps: life is grand (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: poppy parade, mango melody, call me clover, crumb cake, whisper white, painted seasons dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: mango melody
Accessories: stitched mushrooms die (CottageCutz), poppy parade ribbon (Stampin'-Up)


I am also entering:
1.  Crafting From the Heart has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  A Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Your card is very pretty and I love the colors! My stepmom makes fresh pesto and freezes in ice cube trays and then pops them out storing them in ziploc bags and keeps it all season long. She too adds the cheese later! Thanks for invoking that memory! I am sure your friend will love the card! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry! Be sure to come back for Challenge 108!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the person who received this card loved it, especially as they are mushroom experts.

    I have another 5 weeks until I am on my summer break from school, until September, whoo hoo.
    This is when I plan to craft a bit more and use all the dies and other crafting goodies I have purchased.

    Hugs Sally Bownes
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails