Saturday, June 8, 2019

Fairy Tale Birthday

Hello Blogger friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this  Saturday in June. 

I just finished my first week of no Pre-School. I basically did the things I wanted to do. I have plans for a lot of reorganization over the summer. In 3 months time I should be able to accomplish my goals. I have to stay focused on the tasks and not get side tracked on other things. 

Anyway, here is my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the Princess Cake die and the Splitcoaststampers sketch #752 for my card. So let's get started on some details.

Step 1: I was looking for a more clean and simple layout for this card. When I checked out the Splitcoaststampers Wednesday sketch challenge #752, it was just what I was looking for, The beauty of any sketch is that you can always bump it up a notch with designer paper, ribbon and embellishments. I stuck pretty much to the sketch layout this time. 
I selected my card colors and designer paper and then cut my princess cake in those colors. 
Light Purple Card Base: 4 1/8" x 5 1/4"
Designer Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
White Image Panel: 2nd largest rectangle die (2 11/16" x 3 11/16")
Light Purple Layer:  2nd largest pierced rectangle die (2 7/8" x 3 7/8")

For the princess cake I used petal pink. pretty in pink and highland heather (Stampin'-Up). For the princess crown, I used a metallic gold. I liked all the sparkle for the cake topper.
I stamped the sentiment on the white image panel. I only wanted the words Write Your Own Fairy Tale (MFT Magical Unicorns) and Happy Birthday (MFP). Since both of the sentiments had more words that what I wanted to use, I taped off the portion that I didn't want and inked up the remainder. Used my MISTI just in case I need to ink the stamp a 2nd time. But, today with the grape ink once was sufficient. 
Now I am ready to start the card assembly. For element 2 of the sketch I cut a 3/4" piece of gorgeous grape cardstock (Stampin'-Up) and embossed with a hearts folder.
Added the cake to the white panel with dimensional adhesive.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base with double sided tape and added a few glittered enamel dots. 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time ……..God bless. 

dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  Die Cut Divas has a birthday challenge. 
2.  Cut It Up has a birthday challenge. 
3.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional of birthdays.
4.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Seize the Birthday has an anything birthday goes challenge

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Fit for any princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for a birthday princess! Thanks for joining us at crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, you really did bump it up! You did an amazing job on that gorgeous cake. I love all the details!

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Birthday challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous layout fit for a princess!.... thanks for sharing at Polkadoodles this week; good luck Nelly DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Love the die and your colors are so perfect for this lovely card...especially love that gold crown! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made the yummiest looking cake with your die cuts, this is a princess's cake for sure! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, making someone hungry for cake right off the bat. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us for Week 23 at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. Love that cake. Definitely fit for a princess.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.
    Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Die Cut Divas and I hope to see many more of your beautiful creations soon :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails