Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Birthday Bloom

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
We celebrated my Mother-in-laws 89th birthday yesterday. We were going to take her out to a restaurant to celebrate but plans changed and we celebrated at my sister-in-laws home. That's where Mom lives now. When parents reach that age, you just go with the flow.
 
I made the meal and took it over there. We had pasta with a meat sauce, meatballs, salad and some crusty bread. I make my own sauce and used the last of the tomatoes that I canned last summer. My secret ingredient is to use a cup of red wine in the sauce. It really makes the flavors pop.
 
There were 8 of us and everyone really liked the meal especially Mom. She thanked me several times for bringing the food over. We made that our gift to her. Because she doesn't need anything and we bought her several hanging flower baskets for Mothers Day. And of course she received one of my handmade cards.  It wasn't this one but now I am wondering why I didn't give her this one.
 
Anyway, onto the details of this card. I made it for the color challenge #741 on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she chose soft seafoam, petal pink and crumb cake as her color trio.  Optional was to use polka dots on our card.
petal pink, soft seafoam, crumb cake
For my card, I used the SU "bloom by bloom stamp set. I did my background stamping in soft seafoam, pretty in pink, crumb cake and night of navy (neutral). I don't have the petal pink ink so I subbed with the pretty in pink. I also stamped off once for the flowers when I used the night of navy ink.

On the main floral image, I used my MISTI and stamped twice to get a deeper color on the pink and the soft seafoam. The dots above the flower are stamped in crumb cake ink. That covers the optional item.

I selected night of navy for my card base and also as a layering panel for the main image. I needed some contrast for these very light colors.

The birthday sentiment is stamped in night of navy ink and I added a few pink enamel dots to complete my card. Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…..God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: bloom by bloom (Stampin'-Up), be blessed (Verve)
Paper: night of navy, pretty in pink, whisper white (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pretty in pink, soft seafoam, crumb cake, night of navy (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: pink enamel dots (Doodlebug)
I am also entering:
1.  Addicted to Stamps and More has a birthday challenge or inspiration challenge.
2.  Fab 'n Funky has a June blooms challenge.
3.  Make my Monday has a lots of flowers challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely pastel colours and super image, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed and fabulous stamping. Lovely soft delicate colours , so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Love the soft colours with the dark borders. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails