Saturday, June 29, 2019

Make Gnome Mistake

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Another weekend is upon us. We have a busy day today. First, we have my niece's graduation party to attend. Then there is a special fundraiser we will also be attending.

The fundraiser is for a little boy who was in my Pre-School class. In October he was one of the 6 children in the Pittsburgh area who was hit with AFM. It's a polio like virus that left him unable to walk.

There have been plenty of hospital stays in the ICU. He will be undergoing surgery in the next couple of months. A Dr in St Louis has pioneered a nerve transplant surgery for kids with AFM. She has had great success with the surgery. Kids have been able to walk again. Here is a link that gives more info about Sam.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the Gnome on Tree Stump die to create a birthday card for my son. The inside will have the birthday greeting.

I started my card with the sketch #755 from Splitcoaststampers. I already had the designer papers in mind that I wanted to use so this sketch worked out great for me.
I bought a paper pack from Hobby Lobby that had a nice selection of watercolored background papers. The blue looked like a sky so I went with that one for element 1 of the sketch. I also had some paper that had a rainbow on it. So I used that for element 2, 3, 4 and the circle shape.


I cut the gnome in different colors of cardstock. I used the packaging photo because the colors would coordinate well with my designer papers. 
The sentiment is from a stamp set by Sweet Pea Designs. It's all about gnomes. I stamped directly on the designer paper using blueberry bushel ink (Stampin'-Up). 
The gnome is attached to the circle using dimensional adhesive.

I finished off my card by adding a few glitter enamel dots. Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Daring Cardmakers has a cut it up challenge. We are to use pretty designer paper. 
2.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes + a sentiment.
3.  Time Out Challenges has a "to be funny" challenge. 
4.  Through the Purple Haze has a guy challenge. 


   

6 comments:

  1. Great contrast inbackground pieces and that sweet gnoom! (don't understand that he got the virus? isn't there a vacin for?) Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gnome is such a fantastic figure, love all the die-cut details, its quite amazing! I'm a huge 'rainbow' fan so love all the rainbow details, the colours are so soft and blended beautifully. Its a gorgeous card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've used the patterned papers on your super-cute card! Thanks for sharing with The Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous papers. I love rainbows and these are so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute papers - cute card! I like your little gnome and the colourful background you created.
    Thanks for sharing it with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. And lovely gnome.
    Thank you for entering your project at Through The Purple Haze challenge blog!
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails