Thursday, May 23, 2019

Make A Wish



Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
It's been 2 weeks since I have posted on my Blog and with good reason.  We were finishing up regular Preschool and the last 2 weeks were really busy. Then I was preparing for the 2 weeks of Preschool summer camp that I am a part of.

This first week was arts & crafts. So I needed 3 projects for the kids each day. Now I am preparing for next week which is Lego week. I have some fun ideas for the kids. Then it will be off for the rest of the summer. A little break will be good and allow me to catch up on some organizing that I want to do.
  
So that's my story now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Sweet Unicorns and Fairytale Birthday dies to create a shaker card for a little girl. Shaker cards are fairly easy to make and give the wow factor to a card.

Step 1: I started by cutting my circle on a piece of white cardstock measuring 3 3/4" x 5". Attached a window sheet that measured 4" x 3 1/2". Used foam tape and ran it around my circle opening. Used dimensional adhesive to make sure the card is the same height all the way around. I used my powder tool on the inside of the strip to cut down on the stickiness. That way the sequins won't cling to it.

Step 2: I cut my make a wish words in Stampin'-Up gorgeous grape cardstock and secured it with Ranger multi-matte medium to a piece of highland heather cardstock. This panel measured 3 3/4" x 5". I wanted some color in the shaker background.

Added the sequins to the inside of the circle. I used a little bit more than I thought I might need because I wanted the 4 year old recipient to be able to shake it. Placed the sentiment panel on top of the foam tape. Since it is the same size as the shaker panel I lined it up at the top first.

Step 3: I added a layer of gorgeous grape card stock to this panel The layering panel measures 4" x 5 1/4". 

To finish off my card, I added the unicorn images

I scattered some pink enamel dots and attached panel to the pink card base. The card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  Crafting By Designs has a creature challenge.
2.  Crafty Creations Challenge is anything goes.
3.  Crafty Cardmakers has a birthday challenge.
4Fairy and the Unicorn has an anything goes challenge.
5.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter. 




3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Creations this Month.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Crafty Creations DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, great birthday card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaker card - so cute and a great design.

    Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails