Friday, May 31, 2019

Knight in Shining Armor

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
It was a special day for hubby and me. Our grandson Ethan graduated from high school today. I was so proud of him as I watched him marching in the processional. And, it was very emotional as well. Just one of the many milestones this young man will see in his lifetime.
 
He had an amazing score on his SAT exam (1470) and that put him in the top 3% of the nation. He will be attending college in the fall as a civil engineering major. We are excited to see this new chapter of his life unfold.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #736 on Splitcoaststampers. Stef was our hostess and she chose balmy blue, coastal cabana and tranquil tide for her color trio.
 
I thought these colors would make for a great masculine card. So, I decided to jump start some Father's Day cards.
 
I used the new Knight die from CottageCutz to create my card. His armor and spear are cut from smoky slate and basic gray (neutrals) cardstocks. His shield, helmet decoration and the flag on the spear are cut in coastal cabana cardstocks.
 
My card layout is using the Mojo514 sketch.
The background & rectangle panel designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "tranquil textures" collection. To finish off my card, I scattered a few coastal cabana enamel dots.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...….God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: knight in shining armor (MFT)
Paper: whisper white, coastal cabana, basic gray, smoky slate, tranquil textures dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tranquil tide
Accessories: knight, circle dies (CottageCutz), mesh ribbon (May Arts), glitter enamel dots (Stampin'-Up), Copic Markers
Die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzknight.aspx

I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Kitty Bee Designs challenge #144 is a card for guys.
3.  Cute Card Thursday has a masculine card challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails