Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Sunday in May. Happy Mother's Day to all.
 
I spent the day with my son and daughter-in-law. We started our day off by joining in with the Susan Komen 5K walk. This is the 4th year we have done the Mother's Day walk. After the walk we went to brunch at the Park Bruges restaurant in Pittsburgh. Also something we have done the past 4 years. Delicious food and a great family time.
 
I picked up a beautiful pink geranium hanging basket for my daughter-in-law. She loves flowers and this one is forgiving if she doesn't water it regularly.
  
This is my sample for CC737. Barbara is our hostess and she chose peek-a-boo peach, old olive and calypso coral for her color trio.
For my card I used the contents of the April 2019 Stampin'-Up Paper Pumpkin kit. The cards in the kit are notecard size but by adding a basic gray (neutral) cardstock base I changed it to an A2 size. This month's kit is so beautiful, and I have seen many card samples. This one caught my eye, and I used it for my inspiration.

The kit also contains a stamp set with these beautiful rose images. I stamped the rose image in calypso coral ink directly on the printed card base. I used my MISTI and stamped 2x to get a good image. The leaves are also part of the stamp set and I stamped those in old olive ink.

Added some calypso coral ribbon and a bow and then layered the image panel on calypso coral cardstock. The die cut label came in the kit and I stamped my Mother's Day greeting in old olive ink. To finish off my card I scattered a couple of peek-a-boo peach enamel dots and then a single calypso coral enamel dot.
 
Well that's it for me for this post so until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: sentimental rose (Paper Pumpkin kit April 2019)
Paper: basic gray, calypso coral
Ink: calypso coral, old olive (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit April 2019, calypso coral ribbon, enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails