Saturday, December 8, 2018

Peace on Earth

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
Hope all your Christmas preps are coming along okay. I am still running a little behind. Had a few setbacks this week with other things going on. But, I hope to be able to catch up this week.
 
It's another busy one with Preschool, my neighbor's annual holiday tea, and then we have tickets to see a holiday show at a theater in downtown Pittsburgh. It's the Magical Cirque Christmas. My hubby's birthday is at the end of the month so this is an early present.  
 
This weekend I want to finish making my Christmas cards and then get them addressed and mailed. I may get my hubby to help with the envelope addressing. I have the dining room tree completely decorated and that room is finished. The living room tree is in the stand but not decorated as yet. Hope to get to that on Monday. I have an aggressive plan for this week so I just need to stick to the plan. 
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge #712 on Splitcoaststampers.  Stef was the hostess and she chose coastal cabana, pool party, mossy meadow and silver. Optional was to do some heat embossing.
coastal cabana, pool party, mossy meadow, silver
For my card I used the Stampin-Up scenic season stamp and created a simple background scene. I bought this stamp years ago and have never inked it until today. But I thought the image was perfect for the colors that Stef picked.

This stamp set has a sentiment that I taped off before inking. Stamped the trees in mossy meadow ink and then used wink of stella for shimmer. Then I taped off a portion of the trees and just stamped the little bird that is also part of the stamp set in coastal cabana ink. I repeated this part 2 more times to stamp 3 birds.

To cover the dessert option, I stamped some background snowflakes in Versa-mark ink and then used white embossing powder and heat set.

To create the sky, I sponged tumbled glass distress ink over the snowflakes for an emboss resist technique. I used more of the tumbled glass ink as a border around the layering panel.

For my peace phrase, I used a CottageCutz die and cut it in coastal cabana cardstock. I cut it 3 times to give more dimension and sponged with coastal cabana ink. The peace dove is part of the same die.

I finished off my card by mounting it on a silver cardstock base to cover that color in the palette.
 
Well that's it for me for this post so until next time...…..God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: scenic season (Stampin-Up), in the meadow (PaperTrey Ink)  
Paper: whisper white, mossy meadow, coastal cabana (Stampin-Up), silver (recollections)  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: mossy meadow, coastal cabana (Stampin-Up), tumbled glass distress (Ranger), versamark (Tsukineko)  
Accessories: peace, love & joy dies (CottageCutz), white embossing powder (Stampendous), clear wink of stella (Kuretake)  
 Techniques: Emboss Resist, Heat Embossing
 
I am also entering:
1. Crafty Calendar Challenge has a "it's Christmas time" challenge. 
2.  Inkspirational has an anything goes Christmas challenge #175. 
3.  Christmas Crafts All Year Round has an anything goes.  
 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Mary. Love the angled arrangement of your elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely and peaceful looking scene. I like how you stamped the trees to give the impression of small hills and the dove is a nice detail too. Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely scene lots of nice detail and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails