Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Warmth

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today with The Charmed Life blog.

It's 3 days before Christmas and I hope your shopping, wrapping, baking and card making are finished. I still have baking and wrapping to do but over the next couple of days I will get it finished. Then I can sit back and relax and enjoy this beautiful holiday.

The key for me will be to stay focused and not get sidetracked with other things. So first up for me is this blog post. Over the next several days, I want to show all the Christmas cards I made.

This card I made went out to my friend in North Carolina. She lost her husband to cancer in the summertime. I thought the sentiment on this card would be okay for her. It's hard when you lose someone when a holiday comes around. She has a strong faith and is grieving but not overwhelmed in her grief. She will be surrounded by family this Christmas which will be so good for her. 

I used the Splitcoaststampers sketch #723 for my card layout. Diane was the hostess and she provided a great layout for our cards.
Here are some details on my card. The background paper is from the Stampin-Up "Quilted Christmas" designer paper collection. The lantern and candle are part of the Country Candle set from CottageCutz.
The sentiment is part of the Christmas Light stamp set from SNSS. For the circle element, I used a poinsettia. I cut it with a die from Spellbinders.

Well that's it for me for today. So until next time...….God Bless and Merry Christmas!

card details

Stamps: Christmas Light (SNSS)  
Paper: real red, whisper white, old olive, so saffron, pumpkin pie, silver cardstock, quilted Christmas dsp (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento), so saffron (Stampin'-Up)  
Accessories: country candles, pierced rectangle dies (CottageCutz), poinsettia die (Spellbinders), red sequins (Darice)  

CottageCutz die used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcountrycandles.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Winter Wonderland has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Archi-Scraps has an anything goes challenge.


4 comments:

  1. I think that is the perfect & very considerate sentiment for your friend's first Christmas without her husband. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Mary and taken from a great sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much. Thank you for joining us at https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/
    please join us again
    Hugs Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails