Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Waterfront Scene

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
Well, it's cyber Monday and the deals are all over the internet. Hope you found something and at a good price! I am looking at a new HP desktop computer. I found one at a great price at Sam's Club. I only have until end of day today to make my decision.
 
My existing desktop in my craft room has been acting wonky for months now. I had a friend look at it and he initially thought it was some malware. But after cleaning with a couple of new programs it's still doing the same thing. I have virus software but I guess it doesn't clean this malware stuff.
 
So let's move onto my card for today. This is a card I made for the color challenge #713 On Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was our hostess and she has chose balmy blue, pineapple punch, granny apple green and berry burst for her color palette. Optional is a never been used stamp set.
granny apple green, balmy blue, berry burst, pineapple punch
For my card I used the Stampin'-Up Waterfront set. I bought this set because I was seeing so many beautiful scenic cards stamped with it but then I never used it. Sound familiar anyone???

I watched a video on YouTube from Christine Riley and I loved what she did with the set so I went to work on my card.

I stamped the mountains in balmy blue ink. I stamped off 2x to give the appearance of being farther away. Then the closer mountain ranges in full strength.

The trees in front of the mountains I used night of navy ink (it's Stampin'-Up's new neutral). Stamped off 1x on some of the trees. The water is stamped with balmy blue. I stamped off 2x again for a color gradient. Then the darker water is stamped full strength.
 
Used granny apple green ink for the grassy areas. The pine trees on the grassy areas are stamped in mossy meadow (another new neutral from Stampin'-Up).
The pineapple punch is covered with the sun and the berry burst with my thanks die cut phrase. Well, that's it for me for today. So until next time...….God bless.

card details:
Stamps: Waterfront (Stampin'-Up)  
Paper: whisper white, balmy blue, berry burst  
Paper Size: A2  
Ink: balmy blue, pineapple punch, granny apple green, night of navy, mossy meadow (Stampin'-Up)  
Accessories: Thanks die (Taylored Expressions)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails