Saturday, November 24, 2018

Christmas Joy

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life blog today.
 
It's Thanksgiving weekend and the Christmas season officially kicked off yesterday with Black Friday. Shopping, decorating, cookie and candy making plus card making are all activities on my list. I usually start decorating a little each day and my intention is to start decorating today.
 
I have already started Christmas shopping and have made a big dent in my list. There are big deals everywhere this weekend. I hope to pick up a few more gifts either online or in a brick and mortar store.
 
For today I am showing a card I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. Here are some details on how I created my card.
 
Started with my layout, and I used the Splitcoaststampers sketch #721. It was perfect for my card idea.
I decided to stick with the traditional Christmas colors of red and green. My designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "be merry" collection. I thought this paper carried the Christmas theme through nicely.
 
I used the Holiday Mantel and Handmade Tree w/Presents dies for my images. For the Joy Phrase, I used  the Stitched Alphabet die.
I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment on the square with the present. I "hung" the garland on the square with the stockings. The Stitched Joy phrase was placed at an angle for added interest.
To complete my card, I added a few red & green sequins. Well that's it for me for today. So until next time...…...God bless.
 
 dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidaymantel.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhandmadetreewpresents.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=stitched+alphabet
I am also entering:
1.  12 months of Christmas has an anything goes challenge.
2.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes.
3.  Crafter's Castle has an anything goes w/option of Holidays
 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
    Blessings, Jeanie
    DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails