Thursday, November 15, 2012

Primrose Birthday

Happy Thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It was a busy day yesterday and I didn't get a chance to post to my blog.

I started my day with a cooking class at the Crate Cook. It's a demonstration type class so they prepare everything in front of you. And then we get to eat and enjoy it plus take home all the recipes.

It was a Thanksgiving meal, and I got some great new recipes. They butterflied a turkey, served bread stuffing in sweet dumpling squash bowls. I never had this type of squash before and it is delicious. Plus the presentation was so elegant.

The cranberry sauce was really good as was our pumpkin creme brulee for dessert.
We started our meal with a mixed green salad with a cider vinaigrette. They sauteed some honey crisp apples and added hazelnut coated goat cheese.

Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed this lunch and learn.

Then last night I was working on thank you cards to give to the young couple that I had the baby shower for a week ago. They are all done and ready to be delivered to her today.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for a couple of challenges on Splitcoaststampers.

For color challenge #398, Peggy was our hostess and she chose the soft, feminine color palette of primrose petals, pretty in pink and very vanilla.

My layout this week is the MojoMonday sketch #264
I mainly used embossing folders on my card instead of designer paper. My background is using the fancy fan embossing folder in pretty in pink. On the middle rectangle panel I used the Sizzix embossing folder “kassie’s brocade” in primrose petals.

The center square panel is stamped with the “faded text” stamp from Stampabilities in primrose petals on very vanilla cardstock.

On the circle panel I stamped my happy birthday sentiment from Verve stamps “wishing you”.  To complete this card I added some very vanilla & primrose petals ribbon.

My card is also for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenge 19 "a birthday in pink". Cindy is our hostess and she had an inspiration challenge for us. We were to pick one of the pictures she posted and make our birthday card.

Well that's it for me today. I am off to finish another card for the Great Impressions new Christmas stamps release week. So stop by again tomorrow to see what I have created.

Some other challenges:
1.  Lady Anne's stamp challenge is anything goes.
2.  Divas By Design also has an anything goes.
3.  Penny's Paper-Crafty is anything goes.
4.  365 cards wants us to make a "wordy background".





10 comments:

  1. I got hungry reading this!!! Sounds yummy!

    Love this beautiful card! The colors and use of the embossing folder are gorgeous! Lovely card.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOo I'm hungry too. It does sound yummy
    Your is gorgeous love th embossing and lovely pinks.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossed work, thanks for joining us at penny's,
    Hugs Klair x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the neat clean edges you have created, great colours too. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    cardsbyladyanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, lovely design.
    Thanks for playing along at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love how you did the ribbon on the banner!
    Once again, your class sounds so yummy! I wish we had something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card with lots of texture. Great colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card and great interpretation of the challenge at 365 Cards. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails