Tuesday, November 20, 2012

~Friend~

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.  Well it's Thanksgiving week and life is super busy.

I have 14 people coming for dinner on Thursday and all my preps have started today. I cleaned my upstairs today and tomorrow its the downstairs.  Then I have errands to run tomorrow and also finish the food shopping.

Wednesday will be spent cutting onions and celery and bread cubes, baking a pumpkin pie and making my speciality mashed potatoes. I will set both tables on Wednesday so I dont have to deal with that on Thursday.

This holiday is a favorite of mine and I love spending it with family.

Now onto my card for today. This is another that I made for the Hope you Can Cling To Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. This was challenge 24 and Libby was our hostess. She wanted us to make a card using the kissing technique. Info on that technique here.

My card is using Verve's "great friend" set. I stamped the flower in blushing bride ink and then the background stamp in bravo burgundy ink. My background stamp is Stampabilities "faded text".

I used the layout from the Viva la Verve October Week 2.

My background paper is Stampin-Up's "paisley petals" designer paper. I used baja breeze on my flower panel and layered that with the upper crest edge punch in bravo burgundy.

Used a leaf die from Cheery Lynn designs and cut it in old olive cardstock. My sentiment is also from the same Verve set and stamped in bravo burgundy.

That's my card for today. So until next time.......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Artistic Inspirations has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Crafty Cardmakers wants us to use more than 1 punch/die. I used a die and a punch.
3. Paper Playtime has an anything goes challenge.






6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - I am so delighted to have stumbled across your blog. I love it!! Your card is so adorable. Love the colors you used - it's just perfect. I am now a happy follower and looking forward to looking at your future creations as well.

    Hugs and smiles

    Laine

    I am also having a blog candy give away if you would like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What A great card you have made and the wonderful design

    Thanks you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    Hugs
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, I really like the layout and the flowers look wonderful. I hope everything goes well on today, don't forget to relax a bit! Happy Thanksgiving.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, great design- looks so profesional. Thanks for playing along with crafty cardmakers this week, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout on this and your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails