Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hope You Can Cling To Challenge 13

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Hope you all had a great weekend. I was the hostess for a baby shower for a young couple from our church. I was pleased with how everything turned out and so was she.

I had a candy buffet and decorated small take-out boxes. The ladies loved selecting their candy and filling the boxes. I had all blue candy there. I took pictures just haven't edited them yet. But, I will post on the blog soon.

Onto my card for today. This one I made for the ongoing Hope You Can Cling To challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The challenge was officially over on Oct 31 but we have until November 7 to finish our cards and get them uploaded. I have about 4 more to do. So hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

For challenge 13, Bridget was our hostess and she wanted us to be inspired by the poet Emily Dickinson. She gave us a stanza from one of her poems as our inspiration piece. Read more here:

I chose the birds and perching part of the poem to create my card. I used designer paper from Stampin-Up's "birds of a feather" collection. I paired that with primrose petals, summer starfruit and marina mist cardstock.


My layout is from the Viva La Verve October week 4 challenge. I finished all 5 of these challenges and then I forgot to upload into the main challenge post for the contest. That didn't make me happy.

I used a couple of Tim Holtz dies - mini rosettes and mini bird and cage on my card. I cut them in primrose petals. On the rosette I added a primrose petals dahlia button. I used a Cheery Lynn flourishes die to perch my bird.

Cut my pennants from a Spellbinders die and stamped my sentiment from the Verve set - "great friend".

I cut out one of the birds from the designer paper and popped it up in the corner to complete my card.

Well it's late and time to dim the light in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.....God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Lady Anne's Monday challenge is anything goes.
2.  Totally Gorjuss has an anything goes with a button.







4 comments:

  1. A candy buffet is a great idea! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and I love the bird DP to go along with your image! Sounds like a wonderful baby shower for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is really pretty. Love the pastel design with the bird on the branch and that flower with button on top. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx


    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the medallion and banners!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails