Friday, November 2, 2012

Hope You Can Cling To Challenge 28

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.
It has been raining here since last Saturday. We haven't had any major flooding just the rain.

My prayers go out to the families in both NY and NJ as more and more of the devastation of the storm is shown on TV. So I can deal with a little rain that will eventually stop.

I have been busy the last few days making final preps for a baby shower that I am hosting this Saturday. It is for one of the young couples at church. They are from Texas and have no family here. There are about 30 women coming, so it should be a great time.

I made some really cute centerpieces that I will photo and show on my blog later.

Now onto my card for today. I am still working on cards for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges on Splitcoaststampers. They will all be mailed to the UT MD Andersen Cancer Center in Houston, TX.

This 28th challenge was hosted by Leslie. She wants us to make a Clean & Simple card, with a sentiment or word as your focal point. It sounds easy enough but cas cards are a bit tough, I think so anyway.

For my card I used the sentiment from Great Impressions Stamps - nicest perks F189. I stamped it in a Spellbinders lacey oval frame.

I added some twine, a button and some butterflies. Finished my card edge with a Stampin-Up scallop punch.

Well, that's it for this post have lots of errands to run for the baby shower. So until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Forever Friends has an anything goes challenge.
2.  In The Pink has a cas challenge.
3.  Paper Crafting Journey has a ribbon or twine challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Mary, this is lovely. Love the simplicity of it and beauty! Wonderful card.
    So glad to know y'all are ok up there and didn't have any damage.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card.
    Thanks for playing along at In The Pink this week.
    Denise (GDT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!!

    Thank you for entering our Ribbon or Twine challenge over at
    The Paper Crafting Journey !

    I have some BLOG CANDY
    on my blog if you are interested! The Prize is going to be either 1 x $100 or 2 x $50 Whimsy Gift Certificates.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is such a pretty CAS card - I love the sentiment and the delicate shade of pink. Thank you so much for sharing with us at ITP - I hope you will join us again.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    Fabulous card... Thanks for joining us atFF THIS month
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet and pretty design!! I love the twine bow behind the button!!
    So glad you are only getting a little rain! It is so sad to watch the devastation on tv and know how some people are suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. Thank you for joining in the Forever Friends Monthly Challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely sentiment! Thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails