Tuesday, May 25, 2010

black magic technique

Happy Tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.
My day started off with some exciting news.
I entered a card  into the stampin sisters in Christ challenge last week and it was chosen as one of the shining stars.

Check this post to see my entry.
They awarded me the blinkie on the side of my blog. It made me feel good to have my work acknowledged.


We went to Aidin's games last night and they won in the last inning. It was so exciting and he got to play under the lights. The boys love doing that. I guess it makes them feel like big leaguers.

This is a picture of him we took on Saturday when the boys stayed over night. I thought I would post it since I am always talking about them.
The next game we go to I will take a picture of him in his uniform and post it.




Now onto my card for today. It is actually for 2 challenges:

1.  The Monday technique lovers challenge on splitcoaststampers this week was the black magic technique. Basically what you do is stamp your image on dark paper in white pigment ink-let it dry-then color with pencils.
My paper doll friend Karen Barber has this technique down pat and even has a tutorial on her blog.
For my first attempt at this, I was ok with the outcome.

I used the kind and caring thoughts stamp set. You need a solid stamp for this technique. My designer paper is from BoBunny and the border punch from Martha Stewart.  I added some pearls in the corner and only because it looked like it was missing something.


2.  The layout for my card is from Mercy Kerin's Tuesday sketch challenge. It was a fun sketch to work with, as they usually are.

So I am closing this post because I want to try and get another card done before we go out this evening.

God bless my blogger friends.

11 comments:

  1. I love your card Mary.. the papers really are so great for this type of project... It really pops... super nice...

    And what a looker this little one is... I hope his parents have a leash on him... he is going to make the girls go crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Mary! Great technique.. the flowers really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is more than OK...it's beautiful with this black magic technique! Thanks so much for thinking of us over our anniversary! Received your lovely card yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Mary! Fabulous job on this tech! Don't you love Karen's tutorial! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your grandson! Grandchildren are a joyful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning with these colors and background technique, Mary! Gorgeous creation and design! How fun for the guys to play under the lights! I am sure it was a rush for them! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary - I got your wonderful card today! Thanks so much for recognizing my day! How did you know I love birds....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, I love this technique and you did a great job with it, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your black magic card was the prettiest one in the challenge gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card. The colors are so pretty and that paper is just wonderful. Congrats on the honor at the Stampin Sister in Christ blog and also to your grandson for winning the game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card Mary! Love the technique you used... the colors and that image is sooo pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rocked the black magic on this one!! Absolutely beautiful card and colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails