Saturday, June 4, 2022

Father's Day Cupcakes

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's a beautiful day here in Pittsburgh. Hope you are enjoying more of the same wherever you are. We just came back from a 2-mile walk. We cut it shorter today because my hubby will be doing yard work and that gives him plenty of steps. I am going to the local outlets to do some shopping. So, I will be on my feet doing something fun. 

Now onto my card for today. this one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I have created a slimline card for Father's Day card using the new Cupcake w/Cherry die and the Cupcake w/Twists die. I am giving this one to my next-door neighbor. He loves sweets of all kinds. I am going to pick him up a cupcake from our local bakery and give it to him along with this card. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I decided to use the Circle Windows Slimline die to display the cupcake images. I cut it in a designer paper that I thought would work for a masculine card. The card base is white, and I rounded the corners of the base with the envelope punch board. It has a corner rounder.

White card Base: 3 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 3 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Next, I cut the cupcakes in colors I thought complement the designer paper. I used chocolate for the swirls and icing because my neighbor is a big chocolate lover. So, his "real" cupcake will be a chocolate one.
I stamped the Father's Day sentiment in the center circle with grape ink. Then I cut a label shape from the Windows Slimline die set and stamped the "sweet treat" sentiment inside that with grape ink.
Now that all elements are prepared, I am ready to finish up the card assembly. I attached the designer paper window panel to the card base with double sided tape.
The Cupcakes & sentiment label are attached with dimensional adhesive. I scattered a few grape enamel dots to complete my card.
Well, that's it for me with this post. So until next time........God bless.

Dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional of celebration. 
2 Moving Along with the Times has a Father's Day challenge. 
3.  Tic Tac Toe Challenge -from the board-spots/stripes,friendship sentiment, embellishment.  
4.  Fab 'n' Funky has an anything but square- mine is slimline rectangle. 
5.  The Paper Funday has an anything goes w/optional twist of masculine.





2 comments:

  1. This is a great card, love those cupcakes! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great Fathers day happy card, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails