Thursday, June 16, 2022

Father's Day Hot Air Balloon

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

We are expecting a severe thunderstorm in our area shortly, so I wanted to get this Blog post done just in case we lose power. They are forecasting large, damaging hail, wind and lightning so I am praying that our home is protected. It's almost summer now and storms are what happen.

Anyway, my card for today is one that I created for my nephew for Father's Day. It's already in the mail and he probably received it today. 

I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #892. Karen was our hostess and she chose pacific point, gorgeous grape and pear pizzazz for her color trio. Optional this week is anything goes.

pacific point, pear pizzazz, gorgeous grape

For my option, I chose to use a card base from the March 2022 Paper Pumpkin kit. When I saw this kit, I thought the mountain scenery would be a great background for a hot air balloon.

I cut the balloon 3 times in the challenge colors then used the die inlay technique to add the gorgeous grape and pear pizzazz colors back in.

I cut a banner from another die and stamped my Father's Day greeting, and my card is finished. And that's my post for today. So until next time.......God bless. 

Card details:
Stamps: man of the hour (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: pacific point, gorgeous grape, pear pizzazz (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit (Beyond the Horizon 2022), hot air balloon (Ellentina dies), plane with banner die (IO)
I am also entering:
1.  Aud Sentiments has a summer + a sentiment challenge. Hot Air ballooning is a summer event. 
2Moving Along With The Times is Father's Day/Masculine.
3Fab 'n' Funky has a celebrations challenge. 
4.  Simon Says Stamp has a add a sentiment challenge. 
5.  Cardz 4 Guys has a father's day challenge. 



4 comments:

  1. I love hot air balloons!! Great card for our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what can awesome image to use for Father's day, very unique and different, thank you for playing with us at C4G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot air balloon is fabulous on this great Father's day card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Inlay technique on the Balloon so compliments the Paper Pumpkin card base. Wonderful card, Mary! Thanks for joining us a C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails