Tuesday, May 31, 2022

When Skies are Gray


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last day of May 2022. 

We had a Memorial Day parade in our community yesterday. I went to watch it with my neighbor and her 2 little ones. Kids just love parades, and they had a great time. Then we joined another neighbor in the late afternoon for a picnic. It was a wonderful day. 

This month flew by so fast. Just wondering where it went to. The weather has finally turned around here. In fact, today it's supposed to be near 90°. Our flower gardens are all in bloom. Everything looks so pretty. My hubby's vegetable gardens are in the very early stages. Although we have already had lettuce and spinach harvests. I am looking forward to another bountiful year of vegetables.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #888 on Splitcoaststampers.  We were to use daffodil delight, calypso coral and magenta madness for our color trio. Optional was to make it summer. I am claiming the optional because you don't play in a rain puddle except in the summertime (LOL)! At least not here in Pittsburgh. 
daffodil delight, magenta madness, calypso coral

I used this cute little Spring Showers Mouse die from CottageCutz because the colors this week were perfect for her umbrella and raincoat. The die is currently on a 30% off sale in the CottageCutz online store. 

I wanted a stormy background and so I decided to use this navy (neutral) shade of designer paper. I stenciled raindrops with a gloss gel and then added wink of stella.

I cut the rain puddle out of the same designer paper. My sentiment is stamped on the rainclouds. I cut the cloud from smoky slate (neutral) cardstock and then sponged inks for a storm cloud look. This one is going off to my precious little granddaughter who makes me happy all the time. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: see ya later ( 2014 Stampin' -Up)
Paper: daffodil delight, magenta madness, calypso coral, white, dapper denim, smoky slate, color theory dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: dapper denim (Stampin'-Up), tuxedo black, london fog (Memento)
Accessories: spring showers mouse die, clouds die (CottageCutz), mini staggered raindrops stencil (MFT), gloss gel (Liquitex), wink of stella
I am also entering:
1.  Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes. 
2.  Allsorts challenge is anything but birthdays. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4Retro Rubber Challenge is anything goes with a stamp over a year old. Mine is 8 years old. 













5 comments:

  1. Isn't this the cutest?? That stamp is perfect for your sweet rainy scene - adorable! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet creation, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, a sweet card with the cute little mouse dressed up in wet weather gear. I can still hear the yellow raincoat I had as a child. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Thanks for joining the Polkadoodles challenge. Donna P (DT)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails