Sunday, October 24, 2021

Night Before Christmas Slimline

Hello Blogger Friends! Happy Sunday to you all. Hope your weekend has been a great one and you had some fun involved. Maybe even some cardmaking activities.

I love watching the Hallmark Movie Channel and their Christmas movies have started. They had one on Friday night, 2 on Saturday night and one on tonight.  It just puts me in a Christmas mood even though it's October. I have started on my Christmas cards and will continue making those through November. I do need to get finished with my Thanksgiving cards though. 

So today I have a slimline card that I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. There is a new Christmas release with 4 new Slimline designs. Today, I am featuring the Night Before Christmas Slimline die. So let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:

Since I had the design mind I was going to use, I looked through my designer paper for something with a nighttime sky. I found this one that I thought would work perfectly with the Night Before Christmas die.

white card base: 9" x 3 1/2"
designer paper layer: 9" x 3 1/2"
Next, I cut the image from white cardstock.
I decided I wanted a moon in this night sky so I used a 1" punch and cut one from designer paper. The paper was a lighter blue and I sponged navy ink around the edge to bring out the lighter shade. Then I stamped my ho-ho-ho sentiment.
After I assembled the card I didn't like this moon so I cut one from white cardstock and sponged 2 shades of yellow ink.
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape.
My image is next and I used a combo of double sided tape and dimensional adhesive for Santa and reindeer. I changed the moon and sponged a couple of shades of yellow ink and then stamped the sentiment. I used the 2nd largest stitched circle die for the moon.

I also placed some of the white pieces back into the die using the inlay technique. To get the yellow light in the windows, I cut small pieces of yellow cardstock and glued them to the back of the panel. This method was a bit easier than laying in all the individual pieces.
Well, that's it for me for this post.  This is a card that I think would be quite easy to create multiples of to save some time with Christmas card making. So until next time........God bless

dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Peace on Earth has an anything goes Christmas with optional inspiration board.
2.  Alphabet Challenge is "O" for outdoors. 
3Jingle Belles has a not a creature was stirring challenge. 
4.  ABC Christmas challenge is "V" for vocabulary.
5Crafty Creations has an anything goes challenge.  




7 comments:

  1. love the glow from the night time windows ... so glad you joined our CREATURE feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Christmas Eve scene,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful holiday card Mary! I need to make some slimline cards for my upcoming show ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty slimline card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely christmas scene you have created- very elegant.
    Thanks for joining in the U and V challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely outdoor scene. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how i love the reindeer pulling santa's sleigh and you've built the perfect landscape for them to fly over! so pleased you could join our celebration of christmas critters at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails