Friday, October 15, 2021

Gingerbread Christmas House

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

We are into the Fall season on the calendar but it has been so warm and sunny here that I am still thinking summer! Our vegetable and flower gardens are still producing. My hubby's dahlias are going crazy right now. I have been cutting bouquets and giving them to friends. The more I cut the more that bloom. 

I have more tomatoes and banana peppers waiting for me to do something with today. The peppers I thought I would stuff and give them to friends. The tomatoes I will roast and turn into a sauce to use for the peppers. My hubby picked the last of the eggplant for this year and I turned it into eggplant parmesan for dinner yesterday. I just love having a garden that you can turn into an enjoyable meal.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #862 on Splitcoaststampers.  LeAnn was the hostess and she chose cinnamon cider, garden green and real red for her color trio. Optional was to create a Christmas card. 
garden green, real red, cinnamon cider

For my card I used some of the contents of the Stampin'-Up Nov 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit- Jolly Gingerbread. It's a kit designed to create a 3-d gift card box. I cut the gingerbread house box in half and used it to create a card.

The white overlay was in the kit. I did some stamping with one of the stamps in the kit. I removed the white door and added a piece of red cardstock. Used enamel dots in the challenge colors to surround the door. Added a white enamel dot for the knob and an acrylic shape that seemed to fit the gingerbread house theme.

My background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "plush poinsettia" collection. I embossed the smaller white panel with the brick embossing folder and added some garden green ribbon and a bow.

I couldn't fit a sentiment on the card front and will add my Christmas wishes on the inside. I was happy with how my card turned out and I have a few more of the gingerbread houses left in the kit to recreate this card.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

card details:
Stamps: jolly gingerbread (Stampin'-Up PP Kit Nov)
Paper: real red, whisper white, plush poinsettia specialty paper (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: real red (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Jolly gingerbread paper pumpkin kit Nov 2020, glitter dots, all the trimmings enamel dots, 2020 in-color enamel dots, gingerbread & peppermint acrylic shapes, garden green ribbon (Stampin'-Up
I am also entering:
1.  Cute Card Thursday has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Krafty Chicks has a Christmas challenge. 
3.  Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday has an any holiday challenge. 
4.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Get Creative Challenge is anything goes with optional of Holiday. 


3 comments:

  1. I thought I recognized that gingerbread house. What a wonderful card! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Christmas card, Mary! Loving all the layers. Thank you for playing along in our challenge at Get Creative this month. Good luck in the draw and we'll see you again next year after our 2 month break. :-D
    NanaConnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Mary! Love the gingerbread house and these colors are so perfect!
    Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails