Saturday, October 23, 2021

Joy of the Season Slimline

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in October. 

Hope you are enjoying the Fall season. Our temperatures have just started to change and we are getting very cool nights. The tomatoes and peppers are winding down for the season. But just when I think it's over,  my hubby brings in 8-10 more for me to do something with. When we have our first frost it will definitely be over for the year. It's been an abundant harvest for us this year and I thank the Lord for all the vegetables that were harvested. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. In the new Christmas release, there are 4 slimline designs. For this post I am featuring the Winter Scene Slimline die. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card. 

Design Steps:
For this card, I decided to create an ink blended background. It's another way to add the "wow" effect to a card. I used a blending brush an ink daubers along with chipped sapphire, navy, seedless preserves, grape, wild honey and spiced marmalade inks for the blending. I used Bristol smooth cardstock for this layer. I really like the way it takes ink.
Then I used some white acrylic paint mixed with a bit of water and splashed the background for a starry look. I added a few stars cut from white cardstock for a bit more interest.
Next, I cut the Winter Scene Slimline die in white cardstock. I added some pale yellow cardstock behind the windows to project a warm glow. I also sponged the moon with a bit of wild honey ink. For the sentiment on this card, I decided to stamp directly on the snow bank in navy ink.
Now I am ready for card assembly. I attached the winter scene image with double sided tape. I decided to add some layers to this card. I used navy cardstock and then the card base is a sugarplum shade. I thought it coordinated with the purple inks I used.

Sweet Sugarplum card base: 9 1/4" x 3 3/4"
Navy blue layer: 9 1/8" x 3 5/8"
Image panel: 9" x 3 1/2"
To finish off my card I added some wink of stella to all the stars and trees. IRL its really shimmery.  This one would be easy to create multiples of and each ink blended background would look just a bit different. Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

die I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1. CHNC #155 is anything goes Christmas. 
2.  Aud Sentiments Challenge is to use a Christmas sentiment.
3.  C.R.A.F.T. Challenge is non-traditional Christmas colors.  
4.  Christmas Crafts All Year Round has an "S" or "T" challenge. A scene and slimline card is mine. 
5.  Happy Little Stampers Christmas is anything goes with option of Joy. 
6 MLCCB #39 is anything goes Christmas. 



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love the colors and scene. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just BEAUTIFUL Mary! That background is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
    Darlene
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    P.S. This also fits the brand new PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. I hope you'll come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining us over at CRAFT Challenge this week! Your card is beautiful, I love the non-traditional colors you have chosen they make for such a beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background sky. Thank you for joining in the Aud Sentiment challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    *Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails