Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first day of the New Year 2021.

We didn't do anything special last night. I made some appetizers and we watched some movies together. At midnight several people in the neighborhood shot of some fireworks and that was it. We are looking forward to a great new year. Anxious to see what God has planned for our lives. 

For my card for today, I am featuring a card I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used a Christmas die - Woodland Birdhouse and turned it into a New Year's card. I usually make a couple of New Year's cards to send out to people. So this one goes to my nephew who always gets a New Years card from me. 

Design Steps:

I started this card with the colors. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #824. The colors are blushing bride, pool party and smoky slate. Optional was sparkle or shine.  And, with all the color options that are available in this challenge with neutral shades I knew I could make it work as a New Year's card.
I selected my background paper next. I had this paper in the pool party shade that looked like a snowy background. 

Then I started cutting my images. The birdhouse and pinecones are cut from soft suede (medium brown) cardstock. For the fir branches and leaves I used mossy meadow (dark green) designer paper and the berries are cut from merry merlot cardstock. All of these colors are considered neutrals.

I used white glitter paper for the snow on the birdhouse roof and the tree branches. For the Happy New Year sentiment, I used the Ring in the New Year die and cut it in a black foil paper for emphasis. 

To finish off this card, I added a little bird cut in smoky slate from the Fox & Bird die. To finish off my card, I scattered a few pink enamel dots. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.........God bless.

card details:
Paper: pool party, basic black, smoky slate, soft suede, merry merlot, see a silhouette dsp (Stampin'-Up), white glitter paper (Recollections)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Accessories: woodland birdhouse die (CottageCutz), pink enamel dots (Doodlebug Designs)
I am also entering:
1.  A Bit More Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Crafts Galore Encore Challenge is anything goes. 
4.  Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge is anything goes. 
5Love to Craft Challenge Blog has an anything goes. 
6.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has a sparkle and shine. 


 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper.

    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I loive it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the die and the teal background is so pretty. Great job! Thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails