Saturday, January 9, 2021

Pedaling Puppy Valentine Card

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this Saturday in January. 

I am going to start taking down my Christmas decorations today. I spread this out over many days because of all that I have up in every room. That way I don't get discouraged with how much I have to take down. This part is my least favorite thing to do. Just because you have to be so careful with everything so it's good for the next year to display. 

So let's move onto my card for today so I can get to some of my disassembling plans. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  I used a new die from the just released Circus collection and turned it into a Valentine card. 

I have several little boys on my list that would love this card. I just have to decide which one will receive it. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I started off my card this week with the layout. I saw this sketch #835 on Splitcoaststampers and decided to use it for my layout.

Once the layout was chosen I selected my designer papers and that determined the card colors. I wanted a background paper that was a bit festive, and I think this paper achieves that look. The paper is from the Stampin'-Up "festive birthday" collection. 

For layer # 2, I embossed the melon mambo cardstock with a heart embossing folder. Layer #4 is the reverse side of the designer paper I used for my background layer.
I cut my pedaling puppy from cardstock colors that are in the designer paper. I decided to use a heart for the puppy background since it's a Valentine's Day card. I used the largest die from the Heart Set. I picked a punny sentiment to pick up on the bike movement and stamped on an angle in black ink. 

Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached all the card layers to the card base with double sided tape.  Secured the heart with double sided tape and attached the image with dimensional adhesive.
I wanted a bit more of a Valentine theme to my card so I used the 2019 Valentine Phrase & More die and cut some hearts and the Valentine phrase for my card. Cut those in melon mambo cardstock that coordinates with the embossed panel and the designer paper. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

 dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Calendar has a make it cute challenge. 
2.  Cute Card Thursday has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter. 
4A Bit More Time To Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
5Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge. 


1 comment:

  1. A fabulous fun Valentine card,your background paper and layers are gorgeous colours and the die cut cycling dog is adorable,thank you for joining in at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails