Saturday, January 16, 2021

Burger to my Fries

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

Well I finally got all my Christmas decorations taken down and mostly put away where they are stored. I have a few containers to get put away and then it's officially a wrap. This is such a time consuming process and definitely not one of my favorite tasks. But after today it's all finished until next year. 

We also woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. It looks so pretty outside. The trees are all covered with a blanket of white. This is one of those days where a hearty meal is in order. I think I will make some chili today and hopefully some cornbread. 

But before that happens, I am getting this post finished. I made this card as part of my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring the new Build-a-Burger die and created a card for Valentine's Day.

I used the current MojoMonday sketch for my card layout. 
I started by cutting the hamburger and fries images. For the hamburger I used various colors of cardstock to match the photo on the package. I used the following Stampin'-Up cardstock: hamburger (baked brown sugar), tomatoes (real red), lettuce (garden green), pickles (cucumber crush), cheese (mango melody), onion (confetti white).

For the fries I cut in so saffron cardstock (soft yellow) and then sponged with wild honey distress ink to get more of a golden glow. 
My designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "from my heart" collection. I selected coordinating colors that match the cardstock for the card base and the center rectangle panel. 
The sentiment is from a Taylored Expressions set "we go together." I masked and stamped the sentiment on both of the rectangle panels. I used a stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. 

Now, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper, embossed layer and oval to the card base with double sided tape.
The white rectangle panels are attached with double sided tape. For the images, I used dimensional adhesive. To finish off the card I scattered a few red hart sequins. They look darker in the photo but they are red. 
I added a Valentine sentiment on the card inside. I used an older die from CottageCutz - Valentine Phrase & More And that completes my card for this post. So until next time........God bless.

dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Calendar has a "make it cute" challenge. 
2.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
3PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge.  
4.  Happy Little Stamper has an anything goes with dies challenge. 
5.  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge has an anything goes. 


6 comments:

  1. What a cute Valentine's card! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and cute card, I love it! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so fun! Love those fabulous die cuts. A perfect valentine. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. Love this.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us this month too! Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful designed creative project. Love your images and colours used.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's World Wide Open Design Team Challenges. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Annie CT -
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails