Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Christmas Wishes

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Hope you all are enjoying the summer and getting to see some family or friends even though restrictions are still in place. This month has reached the halfway point. Yikes, I feel like the summer is just flying by and way to quickly for me.
 
Today, I am featuring a Christmas card. Not that I am trying to rush the Christmas season either. I made this one for the color challenge #796 on Splitcoaststampers. Stef was our hostess and she chose  real red, garden green and pool party for her color trio. Optional this week is use your favorite yellow.
 
real red, pool party, garden green
When I saw these colors, I thought of Christmas. So I decided to use this cardinal stamp from Stampin'-Up. I colored the cardinal with real red Stampin' Blends and highlighted with a bit of cherry cobbler. I used the daffodil delight Stampin' blend for the beak and that also covered the optional item. The stampin' blends are an alcohol based marker. This stamp set also comes with matching dies.

For the branch and leaves I used Prismacolor Pencils in a shade that matched garden green and a shade that matched soft suede (neutral). The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I attached the cardinal and the sentiment banner with dimensional adhesive. I wanted it lifted off the background slightly.

My background paper is from the feels like frost designer collection. I love this paper and just bought another complete pack to create more Christmas cards. It's retired but I found it on Ebay. Just recently I saw a Stampin'-Up demonstrator announce this paper is coming back to the 2020 Christmas catalog.

Well, that's it for me for this post so until next time...….God bless.

card details:
Stamps: christmas toile (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: White, night of navy, feels like frost dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Ink: tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: christmas cardinal dies, toile tidings glitter dots, stampin' blends real red (Stampin-Up), prismacolor pencils, pc911, pc1094, gamsol,
I am also entering:
1.  Shopping our Stash has an anything goes Christmas challenge.
2.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes.
3.  Dream Valley challenge is all occasions.
4.  Stampin Sensations has an all creatures great and small challenge.
5.  CHNC has an anything goes Christmas.
6.  My Time to Craft has a Christmas in July.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful elegant Christmas card Mary. Great colouring! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Christmas card, love the Cardinal. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " ouse some Red" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary: Thanks for participating in the Christmas in July fortnight challenge at MTTC blog!!! Your wintry card is beautiful! I love cardinals used for Christmas greetings!--Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails