Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Christmas Joy

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

We are in the middle of a heat wave here in Pittsburgh. It's been 90° or close to it for a couple of weeks. Our air conditioner has been running non-stop but I am not complaining. I love the summer weather and long days.

We have been getting a harvest from our vegetable gardens as well.  I made stuffed zucchini the other day and yesterday roasted potatoes and green beans that also came from the garden. I am getting excited for the tomatoes to ripen. 

I love roasting the roma and heirloom tomatoes with onions, garlic, salt, pepper and balsamic glaze. Then I puree them and I have a fabulous sauce and nothing else is needed. I may do all of the tomatoes that way this year instead of canning them. It's easier and we love the flavor that comes from roasting them. 

coastal cabana, balmy blue, soft seafoam
And amidst this heat wave I am creating Christmas cards. This one I made for the color challenge #799 on Splitcoaststampers. Jeanne was our hostess and she chose  coastal cabana, balmy blue and soft seafoam for her color trio. Option is Christmas in July.

These are non-traditional colors for Christmas but I was able to pull it off by emphasizing the coastal cabana color. I used the Church Scene die from CottageCutz and cut it in white cardstock.

My background coastal cabana designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "follow your art" collection. I used balmy blue Stampin' blends and colored the birds. My church doors are also balmy blue and the church windows are done in soft seafoam and I did a die inlay technique.

Cut my joy word 3x in coastal cabana for added dimension. That completes this card.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

card details:
Paper: whisper white, coastal cabana, balmy blue, soft seafoam, whisper white, follow your art dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: coastal cabana (Stampin'-Up)
Accessories: church scene, joy dies (CottageCutz), balmy blue stampin' blend (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Dream Valley Challenges is Christmas in July
2.  The Paper Girls has a Christmas in July Challenge. 
3.  CHNC Christmas challenge is anything goes.
4.  Cute Card Thursday is Christmas in July.
  

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " use twine and/or ribbon" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails