Saturday, February 1, 2020

Bee My Valentine

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in February 2020. January is one for the record books. 

Lots happened here in my neck of the woods but one bright moment was that my nephew returned safely from his tour in Iraq. So glad he is home for a bit and all is well.

Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. We are going over my son's home to watch the game and eat some delicious food. It will be a great family time and I am looking forward to it. I will bring some appetizers for everyone to enjoy.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used this new Busy Bee die and created a Valentine card. 

Here are some card details. 
I started off by choosing my designer paper. I decided to stick with traditional Valentine colors for this card and I wanted some heart paper. I found this one in my collection that I thought would work. The hearts are small enough and once I added my die cut hearts it wouldn't overpower the image.

Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
\
Next, I cut the bee image in normal bee colors- black and yellow. I used vellum for the wings and sponged them with tumbled glass distress inks.
I wanted a "punny" sentiment for my card. I had this "bee happy" stamp. So I masked off the happy word and with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped just the "bee" word in the corner of my heart with black ink. To make it stand out I stamped in black onyx ink and then embossed with a black embossing powder.
To finish off my sentiment, I used just the "my valentine" phrase from the Be My Valentine Puppies die and cut in black cardstock. When I started card assembly I decided to recut this phrase in a shiny black foil to make it stand out like the stamped sentiment.
I also cut a 1 1/2" wide strip of black cardstock and embossed it with a heart folder. Just wanted to get some other color on the card besides the red and white.
Assembled my card and scattered a few red hearts to complete the card. 
Well that's it for me for this post. Enjoy your weekend! Hope it includes something crafty. So until next time......God bless.

dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  Cute Card Thursday has a Valentine's challenge. 
2 Krafty Chicks has an anything goes challenge. 
3Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love that bee!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week for our Anything Goes week xxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails