Saturday, January 25, 2020

Gnome Valentine

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in January.
 
It's a cold and rainy day here in Pittsburgh. One of those days that you don't feel bad about staying inside and working on things that need done around the house. I did finally get all my Christmas decorations packed and put away for next year. Now I have cleaning and laundry to get caught up on.
 
I had some sad news this week. Our Preschool is not going to reopen next year. It is part of our church and opened 8 years ago. One of the women in our church had a dream of having a preschool, and we opened with just 9 kids.
 
I was part of it from the beginning. It grew every year and this year there were 85 families with multiple children enrolled and they were not part of our church. We have an excellent reputation in the community.
 
Our director was burned out with all the responsibility. She has 3 very active children involved in sports and a husband who just started his own business. The church was looking for a replacement but our Pastor put some restrictions on and within our congregation no one could be found. So the financial board decided to close the doors.
 
I will put my all into my class until our school year is over in May.  I thoroughly enjoyed working with the kids in our class over the past 8 years. I can honestly say it was a very fulfilling ministry for me. I am not sure where my path will lead.
 
Let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used dies from the Christmas collection to create a Valentine card.
 
I had this beautiful winter scene paper from Stampin'-Up that I thought would make a great background for the Moose & Gnome. The paper is in a 6 x 6 pack and I didn't want to cut too much of it away so I created a 5 1/2" square card.  
 
Early Espresso Card Base: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Rococo Rose Layer: 5 3/8" x 5 3/8"
Feels Like Frost designer Paper: 5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
 
I cut the gnome and moose in colors that coordinated with this Stampin'-Up paper. This die had 2 gnomes sitting on the sled but since I am making a Valentine card, I just used one.
I used dimensional adhesive to attach the images. I was going to stamp a sentiment directly on the designer paper above the trees. But I thought this "be my valentine" phrase would look like the gnome added it to the snow. My hubby did that for me one year when we had a snowstorm on Valentine's Day. He spray painted a heart and the same words I used on my card in red paint on top of the snow. It was so cute and the neighbors loved it as well.
I finished off my card by adding a few hearts above the tree tops on the designer paper. Just for a little added interest. After all it's a card for the big love day and I thought I should have them somewhere on the card (LOL).
Well that's it for me for this post so until next time...….God bless.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmoosepullinggnomesled.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=be+my+valentine+puppies
 
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
2Brown Sugar has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Aud Sentiments challenge has an anything goes + a sentiment.
5.  Southern Girls has an anything goes challenge.
 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry that your preschool job will end. I'm sure the service will be greatly missed by parents and children. Cute card for a cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty. Thank you for entering our Challenge at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog https://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
    Regards
    Mel DT
    https://melgeecrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card, such a charming scene.
    Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at The Brown Sugar Challenge

    Danka
    Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails