Saturday, January 18, 2020

Happy BRRR-thday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this 3rd Saturday in January.
 
We are in the middle of winter weather here in Pittsburgh. Snow last night and early this morning and then it changed into a freezing rain. We had some plans to go out this morning but with the freezing rain that changed, and we stayed home. It's supposed to change to all rain by late afternoon and that should salvage our plans for this evening.
 
I had a great week at preschool. The kids are all healthy and back on track after Chrstmas vacation. Sometimes there is a change with some of them after Christmas break and that happened again this year. Two of the boys who weren't really talking came back as little chatterboxes. They have been participating in our group activities and interacting with the other kids.
 
Usually at 3 years old we don't see much interaction in the beginning of the school year but after Christmas for some reason that changes. All of them are playing together in their little groups. It just depends what interests them that day. I am looking for a good rest of the year with them. They are little sponges and absorbing so much.
 
Now onto my card for today. This one I made for both the color challenge #773 on Splitcoaststampers and also for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 
so saffron, balmy blue, early espresso
 
I need a masculine birthday card for my brother's birthday, so I thought I would give the Polar Bear Fishing die from CottageCutz a go.
 
For the top half of the card I used a snowfall stencil and embossing paste. The bottom half is balmy blue designer from the Stampin'-Up "tranquil textures" collection. I thought it had a water like pattern to it.

I joined the panels together with a ¼" piece of balmy blue cardstock. I was going for the horizon line look.
 
The polar bear is cut in Stampin'-Up naturals white cardstock. His scarf and hat are cut in balmy blue cardstock and then sponged with the same color ink. For the hat trim and the fish, I cut in so saffron cardstock and then sponged with dried marigold distress ink.

The BRRR letters are from the CottageCutz Retro Alphabet die. I used blue glitter paper to make them stand out. I got the idea for the sentiment from this card that I saw on Pinterest.
The stamped part of the sentiment is done in early espresso ink and the fishing pole is cut in early espresso cardstock.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless.
 
die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpolarbearfishing.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzretroalphabet.aspx
Card details
Stamps: Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT), North American Woods (MFP)
Paper: whisper white, balmy blue, so saffron, early espresso, smoky slate, naturals white (Stampin Up) blue glitter (Recollections)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: balmy blue, early espresso (Stampin Up), dried marigold distress (Ranger)
Accessories: polar bear fishing, retro alphabet dies (CottageCutz), snowfall stencil (MFT), 3D molding paste (American Traditions)
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes with optional twist of funny,
2.  Cut It Up has a snow much fun challenge.
3.  Seize the Birthday has a birthday challenge plus option of stencils.
42 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Animal Friends challenge wants us to use polar bears.
6.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, der ist ja toll! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. This polar bear is just the cutest! I love he's fishing in the ice!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! How cute is this? Love the polar bear and ice fishing scene. Great background too. Thanks for joining the Cut It Up, "Snow" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little guy is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your different take on this sentiment as it works so well with the polar bear. Sorry for the snowy weather, as I remember my days in Wisconsin winters. Good time to stay in and craft. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday challenge. I hope to see you back again. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card made me smile, Mary! Can you imagine cutting a hole in that little iceberg to fish when there's water all around?? :)

    The card is adorable. I love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing your Snow Much Fun project with us at Cut it Up.

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card so pleased you shared it with us at crafty catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so precious, Mary, and I absolutely adore the sentiment! Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails