Saturday, February 22, 2020

Easter Parade

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's a beautiful sunny, day here in Pittsburgh. And, the reason I make mention of it is because in January and February we don't see much sun here. It's usually overcast and cloudy. Something about the sun being out. Even if it's cold, which it is, you just feel better.

We are getting ready for a bathroom remodel starting next week. Several years ago we put in a new tile floor and a new pedestal sink. Why we didn't complete everything at that time, I am not sure.

So now we are replacing the tub, toilet and ceramic tile. Our house was built in the 1960's and this bathroom has the original tub and ceramic tile. The original owners picked a yellow tub and tile for this bathroom. I have kept it hidden with a shower curtain for the years we have been here. But now it's time to go. 

The contractor said we can keep the tile on the floor. There is nothing wrong with it and I have a box for the row by the tub that he will have to replace. We are going with a white tub and white subway tile around the tub. I have everything picked and we have to order the tub. The tile is in stock in the store so we will pick that up tomorrow along with the new tub and shower faucets. It will be a bit messy in the house for about a week to 10 days, but I can live with that.

Let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Spring Parade die to create my card. So let's get started on some details.

Design Steps: 
I started by cutting the images. I used a variety of Stampin'-Up colored cardstock for the images. You could always cut everything in white cardstock and use the coloring medium of your choice. I just prefer using the colored cardstock.

Next, I selected my cardstocks. I chose this designer paper from a pack I bought at Hobby Lobby. It's a lighter shade of blue-green and I thought it would make a great background. I sponged some lighter green ink (pear pizzazz) at the bottom for a grassy area for my parade marchers. I decided to go for a long and skinny card to fit all of my images. For mailing, this would fit in a #10 business size envelope.
Teal (bermuda bay) card Base: 4 1/2" x 7 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4" x 7"
I didn't have a stamp that had the word parade in it so I decided to use the Retro Alphabet die. The cardstock is a teal (bermuda bay) shade.
Now that all my card elements are cut, I am ready for card assembly. I started with the die cut images. I used double sided tape to secure to the designer paper. Then added the "parade" phrase with Ranger multi medium matte. I stamped the "Easter" phrase in the same teal (bermuda bay) ink. 
To finish off my card, I added the image panel to the card base. I decided to add a few purple sequins for a little added interest. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

die I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Calendar challenge is to use die cuts/punches.
2Alphabet Challenge - W - Anything you wish.  
32 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes with a critter. 
4Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  World Wide Open DT Challenge Blog is anything goes. 



7 comments:

  1. A lovely parade!!! Thank you for sharing with us over here at
    World Wide Open Design Team Challenge
    and best of luck with your entry.
    Jolanda DT member for
    World Wide Open Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun with the animals, they really do look like they are following each other. So glad you shared with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really sweet card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Easter card. Thanks for joining in this months 'Use Die-Cuts or Punches' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails