Saturday, June 2, 2018

Celebrate with Breakfast in Bed

Hello blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. I can't believe June is already upon us and May is just a memory.
 
We spent the last 4 days visiting with friends in Virginia. Elaine is my BFF. Her and her husband moved from Pittsburgh about 4 years ago to be closer to family. They come back at Christmas to visit Pittsburgh and we try to get down there in between. We keep in touch through regular phone calls and texts.
 
This visit was such a nice one but went by so quickly. We want to try and get down there again in  early November. Elaine will be going with her church to Israel in October. Lynn, her husband, has some issues with his legs that is keeping him from going. But, we will be excited to hear all about the trip. Hopefully, our plans will work out.
 
Anyway, onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog as well as for the color challenge #689 on Splitcoaststampers. Barbara was the color hostess and she chose crushed curry, berry burst, tempting turquoise and daffodil delight for her color palette. Optional was to add flowers to your card.
For today's card, I am featuring the sweet Breakfast in Bed die. I have a friend who loves being pampered this way by her family on special occasions. Her birthday is coming up so I thought I would send her a card honoring her special day and treatment. Let's get started with some details on how I created my project.
 
Step 1: I started my card this week with the card colors and the layout.  The sketch is an older one from the closed Sweet Sunday Sketch blog.  I had it saved on my Pinterest board. I thought it would work well for this die. I switched it up to a vertical layout.
Step 2: I didn't have any patterned paper that worked for my background. So, I decided to use a background stamp inked in berry burst ink. I always forget about my background stamps and they are a nice alternative to patterned paper.
I paired this with a berry burst card base. For the 3 strips on the sketch, I used some berry burst ribbon.
Card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Stamped Background: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

I used all the challenge colors to cut the Breakfast in Bed elements. For the little kitty, I used a medium, brown cardstock and for the coffee service items,  a naturals ivory cardstock.  I sponged the edges in the daffodil delight.
 Step 3: Started the card assembly by adding the 3 ribbon strips to the stamped layer and then attaching to card base.
I found a paler yellow sheet of designer paper in the stash and used this as the backdrop for my images.  Before I attached my images to the rectangle panel, I stamped my "celebrate your day" sentiment.
 Next up, I adhered my images to the rectangle panel. I just love this sweet little breakfast in bed scene.

The image panel was attached to the card base with dimensional adhesive. I always like the look when the image is lifted from the card background. And, on this card I didn't use a layering panel for the image so the extra lift is good.
Image Panel: 3 1/8" x4 3/8"
Step 4: To complete my card I added the little flags that are part of this sketch. Used berry burst patterned paper to get a bit of color gradient.  And, since I like the look of enamel dots so much I scattered 3 of them on the card.  
Well, that's it for me for this post. Do until next time...…..God bless.
 
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbreakfastinbed.aspx
I am also entering:
1.  A Bit More Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge.
2.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Always Happy Birthday has an anything goes birthday challenge.
4.  Creative Craft Cottage has a dies and/or punch challenge.
5.  Crafty Girls Creation has an anything goes challenge.
 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary xx
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Dianne DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

     

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh!!, so sweet!!
    Ángela DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us over here at A Perfect Time To Craft and best of luck with your entry.

    Ania DT for

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image and card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Creations.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails