Saturday, June 16, 2018

A RaceCar Birthday

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed life Blog this Saturday in June.
 
I mentioned the other day that we were having issues with our 2 year old refrigerator. Well, since Thursday the repairman has been out 3x. Last night at 7:00 pm was his last visit. About 2 hr after he left the same problem occurred.
 
The refrigerator is not cooling and an error code shows up in the display. Of course, they don't work on the weekends. I can't go shopping because I am afraid stuff will go bad. We already threw out food in the refrigerator. Just don't want to take a chance. Oh well, I guess I will be seeing him again on Monday.
 
Let's move onto my card before I get to rambling and complaining about this refrigerator. This is a card I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.
 am featuring the new Racecars & Flags + the Build-A-Sign dies.  Masculine cards are made so easy using these new dies. I needed a birthday card for a nephew who is a big Nascar racing fan. Let's get started with some details on how I created my project.

Step 1: Since I knew what dies I was using this week, I had to decide on my card colors first. I think that stripes always have a nice masculine vibe and red & blue stripes for sure. I found this striped patterned paper in my stash - so red & blue were my colors of choice.
White card base: 5" square
Blue Layer: 4 7/8" square
Patterned Paper: 4 3/4" square
White Image Panel: 3 1/2" square
 Step 2: Cut the images from red, blue and white cardstocks.
My sign choice was based on the word I was going to stamp on it. Needed something large enough to fit nephew.
 Secured them to the white square panel with double sided tape and Ranger multi matte medium. I added the striped gray paper to resemble a road or racetrack.
 Stamped my happy birthday sentiment with denim ink on an angle with the help of my MISTI. The nephew word is also stamped with denim ink.
 Step 3: Started card assembly. The image panel is secured with mounting tape and the flags with double sided tape.
Finished my card by attaching to the white card base. I hope I have given you another idea for a way to use the new masculine dies. Here is a link to another card I made using these same dies for Father's Day.
Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time...…...God bless.
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=build+a+sign

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzracecarsandflags.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedsquaresetbasics.aspx
 
I am also entering:
1.  Always Happy Birthday has an anything goes birthday challenge.
2.  Classic Design Team Challenge is anything goes.
3.  Crafty Girls Creations has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Daisy Chain Challenges has a for the boys/men challenge.
5.  Kitty Bee Designs has a masculine challenge.
 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great mans card love it Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails