Monday, June 18, 2018

Best Dad

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today. Hope your weekend was nice and relaxing.
 
We had some great family time yesterday. We honored both my husband and son for Father's Day with a delicious dinner at my son's home. It originally was supposed to be here at our home but my son was out of town all last week and wanted us to come over there. It worked out great for us since we are having problems with our 2 year old refrigerator and after 3 repair visits still not fixed.
 
My daughter-in-law co-labored on the dinner. We started off with appetizers that included a charcuterie tray (Italian meats & cheeses), prosciutto with cheese and granny smith apples, cream cheese topped with a pepper jelly. All of us snacked on that while we prepared dinner.
 
Dinner was marinated grilled chicken, a baked  potato bar (bacon, cheese, broccoli and sour cream), green beans, caprese salad (tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, olive oil) and a tossed salad with lettuce from our garden. For dessert my daughter-in-law baked a carrot cake and a strawberry-rhubarb pie. The guys loved everything.
 
The only thing that was missing was our son from California. But, we did get to talk to him and today I am showing the card that I made for him.
 
This one was created with the contents of the Stampin'-Up April Paper Pumpkin kit. The kit was filled with items that can make great masculine cards and even some gift boxes. Just love these kits. My goal while I am on break from pre-school is to work on completing the kits that are beginning to pile up on me.
 
For the tangerine background, I took apart one of the boxes and used it as designer paper. The island indigo nautical piece is a notecard from the kit. I just used it as designer paper. The circle, anchor and life saver are all die cuts from the kit and the rope twine was also in this kit. See why I love these so much!!! Everything you need for projects including adhesive.
 
I cut a flag banner and stamped my sentiment. The sentiment is from the April 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit. I added a few orange sequins to complete my card.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time...…...God bless.
 
I am also entering:
1.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Pile It On has a holidays/Layers challenge. Mine is Father's Day
3.  Crafty Calendar has a 3 of something challenge. I used 3 die cuts.
4.  Stinkin' Inkers has a "Guys Have It" challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Love your card. Its so cool and love all the items you used to make this cool design. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card and the layout is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina x
    (sorry I'm late with commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card, awesome design too. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, love the colors! Thank you for joining us over at Pile It On! Challenge Blog ~ Marciava Warrell

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails