Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Nativity Scene

 
Merry Christmas Blogger Friends! After all the hustle and bustle of decorating, shopping, wrapping presents and sending cards the day has finally arrived. I am up early while the house is still quiet.
 
I have plenty of cooking to do today for our celebration with our son and his family. Then on Sunday my youngest son and his family arrive and we will have another celebration with them.
 
I wanted to get a blog post done before the busyness of my day takes over. Plus I feel as though I finally have a chance to sit and enjoy the fruits of all my hard work. So I am relaxing in front of the Christmas tree just taking everything in and sipping on my morning coffee.
 
Let's get to the details of this card. this one I made for the color challenge #560 on Splitcoaststampers. Maura was our hostess and she chosebaja breeze and night of navy. Optional is something gold (bling, embossing, foil etc).


 For my card I created a nativity scene with some dies from Impression Obsession. The silhouettes are cut in night of navy cardstock.
I wanted to create a soft glow look for the inside of the manger so I used some metallic gold cardstock and also for the Christmas star.

My background paper is from my stash that reminded me of a night sky. I only had one piece and I wanted to make a couple of these cards. Oh well!!

For the ground I used a Lawn Fawn die and cut in crumb cake cardstock. I stamped with a Sea Side Stampin' beach set that has sand and sand dunes.

My stars are cut in a sapphire metallic card stock with a die from Verve. And that's my sample for this Christmas Day 2015. Whatever your day holds my friends, I send you a blessing of peace and comfort. So until next time.......God bless and Merry Christmas.
 
card details:
Stamps: just beachy (Sea Side Stampin') 
Paper: baja breeze, night of navy, crumb cake, metallic gold & sapphire (The Paper Company), blue dp from stash 
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: crumb cake 
Accessories: small nativity & shepherds dies (Impression Obsession), starry die (Verve), stitched hillside die (Lawn Fawn), matting basics dies (Spellbinders)   

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Mary! Pretty card for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and perfect card for Christmas! I'm finally getting a chance to stop by and wish you a very happy and peace filled new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Mary! I love the way you did the nativity scene! Hope your Christmas was wonderful and wishing you and your family a Blessed beyond measure 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails