Thursday, December 10, 2015

~Merry & Bright

 
Hello Blogger friends and a happy Thursday to you all. Well here we are with 15 days before Christmas. I have been busy as a bee trying to get tasks accomplished.

I did finish my Christmas cards and now to get them in the mail. Hopefully, I will get that done by Friday night. That is my goal anyway. I have been decorating and I am about 75% complete there. The trees aren't up yet but I hope to get one possibly 2 done today.

I also have preschool this morning and our lead teacher is away at Disney World so I am in charge this week. I have 2 assistants and they have been great. This time of year the kids get so excited and energetic. It's close to Christmas and getting colder so they don't get outside as often.

Although today and for the next several days the weather is supposed to be mild so hopefully we can get outdoors for 15-20 minutes. It helps them to unwind and burn off some energy.

We also have a visit today from our librarian. They love it when she comes to class. Her story reading and song singing keeps their interest for the 30 minutes she is here.

If you think about her please pray, she has breast cancer and is undergoing treatment. So we may not have her for the entire school year depending on how her treatment goes. Her name is Dolores.

Now onto my card for today. This is a card I made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Karen was our hostess and she chose the color palette #557 of wild wasabi, cherry cobbler an soft sky. Optional is to make a fussy and not so fussy card.
wild wasabi, cherry cobbler, soft sky

 So for my not so fussy card, I used my November Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin'-Up. It just so happens that the colors are cherry cobbler and a green. I changed things up a bit on the card by adding snowflakes punched in soft sky and cherry cobbler bakers twine.

I know I have mentioned it before, but the monthly Paper Pumpkin kits from Stampin'-Up are awesome. This kit had enough supplies to make 10 Christmas cards in 2 different designs.. You can make them exactly as the kits shows or add to them as you like. On this card I added my own bakers twine and snowflakes.

The sentiment is part of the stamp set that came in the kit. And the stamp sets that comes in each kit are exclusive to the Paper Pumpkin kits. So you don't have to worry that you already have that set and it will be a repeat.

And this kit helped me get 10 Christmas cards done in a flash. I will post the other cards I made because I changed up the design somewhat on them.

With that Blogger friends, it's time for me to close this post and get ready for pre-school. So until next time........God bless.

card details:
Stamps: mistletoe & holly (Stampin'-Up November Paper Pumpkin) 
Paper: cherry cobbler, soft sky, whisper white  
Paper Size: A2 
Ink: cherry cobbler 
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit, snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails